Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Diamond - Home Before Dark

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Anyone pick this up?

The second Rick Rubin produced work with Diamond.

Really, really good stuff.
    Number one on both sides of the Atlantic, Diamond is getting the best press of his career.
    To paraphrase Andrew Collins in The Word -- there really are second acts in American lives!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Great album. Picked it up when I heard him on J Ross last week.

Better than 12 songs, the last album I picked up from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Ponster wrote: »
    Great album. Picked it up when I heard him on J Ross last week.

Better than 12 songs, the last album I picked up from him.

His performance on the Ross show was electric. After Pretty Amazing Grace he went into Love on The Rocks and sang it with an intensity that i have not heard from Diamond in quite a while...then going into the audience (never seen that before let alone the audience on the J Ross show) was fantastic. You could hear Ross going .."Christ ....amazing...fantastic..."

I thought 12 Songs was a great album but Home Before Dark has really amped it up yet another notch.
    His performance at Glasto was also a milestone.

Advertisement