Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed hardcore base

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting a new shed 10x8, the supplier has said they don't use block but use a pressure treated sub-frame which has to be placed on a level surface with either:
    Paving slabs
    Hardcore material (i.e. stones)
    Concrete base

I want to go with the hardcore. Just wondering, how much would I need. The footprint of the shed is reasonably level??

Comments

Assuming 8m2 area approx 10cm deep, you will need 0.8m3 of aggregate (just under 2 tonnes).
    Something like type 804 is easy to work with, it's small stones 1-2cm plus finer material.
    Much cheaper by the lorry load.

Don't go for 3" down, it will leave you with a rough surface unless you have suitable plant to make it level.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

yep I just did it about a year ago. build a wood frame giving a overlap of about 600mm all round and put down 2 ton of Hardcore.

Shed was put down then I put 400 * 400 patio slabs with about 1/2 ton of pea gravel and some sand.

Garyh3

Advertisement