Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Customs and excise out and about.

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I seen the customs officers out checking cars for fuel and vrt last week.
    They where at the south end of sandyford industrial estate on the M50 relief road.
    They had a fair few vans pulled in and a few northern reg cars:rolleyes:.
    I dont know what the fines are for driving on mark diesel oil or for that matter what they are for driving around in a car, for which the vrt was never paid

Any got any idea on the type of fines for those poor people being caught?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"poor people being caught" who are specifically and almost always intentionally breaking the law?

I despise this Irish attitude of begrudging anyone who does well and lauding anyone who 'gets one over' on someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've seen them occasionally in Limerick too. Only ever checking out UK plate cars though - they don't seem to care about anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

MYOB wrote: »
    "poor people being caught" who are specifically and almost always intentionally breaking the law?

I despise this Irish attitude of begrudging anyone who does well and lauding anyone who 'gets one over' on someone...
    Well it could be worse, i could be a sick bastard and starts laughing at their downfall:mad:.. Jesus! people are always getting their knickers in a twist these days. Fair play to you pal, i suppose you never broke a law in your life!!
    Throwing the first stone like that, and throwing it so hard!
    This law is only really in place to generate income for the tax office and the cheeky lot don't even plough it back into roads!!
    Chill out myob...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Well it could be worse, i could be a sick bastard and starts laughing at their downfall:mad:.. Jesus! people are always getting their knickers in a twist these days. Fair play to you pal, i suppose you never broke a law in your life!!
    Throwing the first stone like that, and throwing it so hard!
    This law is only really in place to generate income for the tax office and the cheeky lot don't even plough it back into roads!!
    Chill out myob...

Usually if they catch you in a car with UK or NI plates they tell you to get it done that week, and they'll take all your details and check up on it. But if they were being sticky, they can impound your car and it's 10% of the OMSP to release it, ALONG with the % of VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Biro wrote: »
    Usually if they catch you in a car with UK or NI plates they tell you to get it done that week, and they'll take all your details and check up on it. But if they were being sticky, they can impound your car and it's 10% of the OMSP to release it, ALONG with the % of VRT.

Fair enough I reckon. We don't pay taxes so others can escape them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

This law is only really in place to generate income for the tax office

Hear, hear! Completely ridiculous business having tax laws, all taxes should be voluntary. If the Government were providing a good service, we'd be happy to contribute, especially all those tossers illegally driving yellow-reg cars to evade VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Zube wrote: »
    Hear, hear! Completely ridiculous business having tax laws, all taxes should be voluntary. If the Government were providing a good service, we'd be happy to contribute, especially all those tossers illegally driving yellow-reg cars to evade VRT.

Are you actually serious?? :eek:

If there's one thing I've learned, Irish people love crooks, they love being crooked. They applaud other people's crookedness. They dislike those that achieve status honestly. You really think people will contribute 40% of their earnings, willingly????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Are you actually serious?? :eek:

Sorry, I usually add something to indicate when I'm not entirely serious, like this:

THIS IS A JOKE! HA HA! IT'S FUNNY! WE'RE ALL LAUGHING HERE IN COMPUTERLAND!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

I heard it 3000 euro for a fine if your caught using marked diesel oil in a road vehicle, any truth to that?:eek:

Advertisement