Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ksc m1911

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

:confused:Anybody i need help in trying to put the spring back into the pistol grip of the above mentioned GBB no matter what I do when I reassemble the thing something won,t work trigger hammer or when they work the slide won't:mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

is it the leaf spring your talking about? the bit that locks the hammer goes on top of it and not under it, thats a common one, theres a groove for the lip of the spring to lock into at the mag well too.,
    hold in the trigger and turn the gun upside down, the hammer should de cock meaning you can pull out the grip safety a bit more and sit the spring in properly.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Basically, there are three prongs, and a bottom lip.

The bottom lip fits into a groove in the frame, then one prong presses back against the grip safety, the other two press forward against the sear, and sear connector, two small parts inside.

The main thing is to make sure one prong presses forward against each of these parts, its easy to not get one of the prongs on top of the sear connector, as it can move freely otherwise.

Complete instructions;

"At the butt of the gun, there is a pin holding in the mainspring housing, press up on the butt to relieve the pressure, and pop out the pin.

Now the housing slides down, it holds the leafspring in place.

Pull the slide back till the little semi-circular notch is in line with the slide catch, it can now be pushed out to the left of the gun, now the slide will move forward and off.

From here, move the thumb safety up up as far as it will go, it will move further than normal without the slide, but the hammer has to be back for this to work.

Pull the thumb safety out on the left, careful, a spring loaded pin pops out at this point towards the back of the gun, it is a pin that pushes back on the thumb safety, do this slowly with the gun pointing up, so it shoots out and down, preferably into a box, or onto a bed.

Now the grip safety can come off.

at this point, you will set the leaf spring.

All its prongs sit pressing down on the sear and sear disconector, one points back at the grip safety.

When placed, slide the mainspring housing back on a bit, to hold the leaf spring in place, now reassemble in reverse order, holding the housing on the spring, then finally pushing it up completely to finish reassembly.

Done."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

Will have a go at the weekend sounds like I need a bit of quiet time to refit.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

babyjames wrote: »
    Will have a go at the weekend sounds like I need a bit of quiet time to refit.:)

10 minutes, all you need a poking implement to get out the base grip pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

Lads what can I say just thanks a million. Now just have to wait until someone gets a delivery of spare mag's to see if it fires but the action and trigger works ye should run for president ye'd have my vote:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement