Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase water pressure for garden tap ?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

The garden tap is "adequate" to say the best, it runs straight off the mains & gives OK pressure, when the hose is totally extended to reach the end of the garden (about 40 feet), it's just about a flow.

Is there anything I can do to boost the pressure so that more water comes faster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

If its off the mains supply then there is hardly anything you can do to change the pressure. Have you an adapter on the end of your hose which will give you a spray ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

yeah there is, but it's not great output. I was wondering about maybe putting in some sprinklers but would need better pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 setanta

I have the same problem - my garden tap is run from the same pipe that serves the kitchen sink yet there's loads of pressure in the sink tap and only average pressure in my garden tap. Anyone know any reason and / or any solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

setanta wrote: »
    I have the same problem - my garden tap is run from the same pipe that serves the kitchen sink yet there's loads of pressure in the sink tap and only average pressure in my garden tap. Anyone know any reason and / or any solution?

How is the garden tap plumbed?
    If its one of those "screw in" garden taps then the diameter of the connection will be very small (and also probably have a blockage from the bit of copper that got pushed into it.

Id re-plumb and take a proper T junction from it.

If its already a proper junction then check the piper work, if its flexible pipe it might be kinked.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

whats the pressure like from the mains tap in the kitchen sink if that has better pressure follow GreeBo's advise if its the same not much you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 misterpaddy

its possible that there could be a slight blockage in the pipework or tap if the pressure at kitchen is sufficient,or the tap spindle may be damaged somewhat and restricting the water flow to the nose of the tap, replacing tap with new one might eliminate that, cost of approx 10 euro for tap, just be sure to kill mains at stopcock or on road before you do! failing this the only thing i could suggest is a mains booster pump which would be fitted under your kitchen sink and boost the pressure to kitchen, garden tap and attic tank, or could be piped just to boost pressure to garden tap, approx price of a mains booster pump without pipe ,fittings etc would be around 170 at a guess, last one i bought was from chadwicks finglas, called a dab mains booster pump

Advertisement