Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aural!! What did ye think?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

I did the ordinary and to be honest i found it quite hard to understand the Comhra's(the spain one and something about fashion:confused:) then the last one the Northern Ireland guy i honestly thought when it first came on the CD skipped i couldnt unsderstand a word of his speech about a car or something all in all i did dreadful my worst Aural to date but oh well i think ill live!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

that had something to do with a car....?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

that had something to do with a car....?!

Nope it was about a monsignor that had been a priest for 60 years who celebrated mass on the aran islands without using glasses to read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

lizt wrote: »
    Nope it was about a monsignor that had been a priest for 60 years who celebrated mass on the aran islands without using glasses to read!

O god thats just how bad it was like im from Munster and that dialect was just an awful choice hes accent was WAY too heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Resi12 wrote: »
    O god thats just how bad it was like im from Munster and that dialect was just an awful choice hes accent was WAY too heavy

I definately think it was over emphasised!

lizt wrote: »

well i got the without glasses bit.... thats about it tho...

whoo! A1 isteach sa mhála!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Terrible, did higher and found it a very hard Aural compared to other years!!:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Terrible, did higher and found it a very hard Aural compared to other years!!:o:o

For fun i just looked at foundation, wow all they had to do was tick a box and there were PICTURES!! It was like pass Junior all over again!! Ah those were the days, id hate to see foundation Junior Cert:o
    O and p.s what was that Spain one about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

the spain one was about this guy who was in spain with his parents, who were looking at holiday homes because they retired early on a pension, he said he hated it there,and would prefer to be in holidays in france, because he speaks the language, or with his friends. The girl he was on the phone to said his parents have a great plan, and there are advantages of buying a holiday home, 1) its cheap 2) you can stay as long as you like......etc.......he said she was only saying that cos she could speak spanish!!!

For fun i just looked at foundation, wow all they had to do was tick a box and there were PICTURES!! It was like pass Junior all over again!! Ah those were the days, id hate to see foundation Junior Cert:o
    O and p.s what was that Spain one about?

the lad went to spain over the easter holidays cos his parents wanted to buy a house there, somethin to do with a pension plan methinks, he didnt like it and was sick of hearing about it,all he did was travel round alicante lookin at houses for sale..she thought twas a great idea, cheap holidays etc, but he didnt cos he prefers france cos he can speak french

or somethin to that effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

I found that infinitely easier than our mock paper. (that said I got 86/100)
    Some of them were very hard to hear the answer, and the odd question and answer were a bit vague. Overall I thought it was okay, with regard to the questions asked and the complexity of answers, I've done alot more complicated ones.
    I thought it was grand today, but I've been getting grinds for 2 and a half years, hearing (fast) fluent Irish at them, and doing the listening comprehensions, but only getting to hear it once.
    The biggest problem with them is if its a large room with lots of people or has crappy acoustics. Or worse, a player with dodgy bass/tone and its impossible to define words!!

What d'ye think, put the orals & aurals before christmas?!

• Advertisement

I have to say, I did **** in that.

I got like 90.. sumthin% in the mock.. I'd say I got like.. 40 or sumthin in that.. I could not understand a word.. it was so unclear and ..ahh.. just ****. :(

I have to say, I did **** in that.

I got like 90.. sumthin% in the mock.. I'd say I got like.. 40 or sumthin in that.. I could not understand a word.. it was so unclear and ..ahh.. just ****. :(
    same about the mocks..it couldnt have been better, munster dialect and everything, i was thrilled

today wasnt the best i'd have to agree, especially the last bit,and the yoke about the fashion show was a bit weird too... but as they say, if it was harder theyll mark it easier...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

I thought it was harder than any other years. The mock was so easy but this was just a lot harder mainly because of the accents I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Terrible Aural.... didnt understand any of the tape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

eh whats a sráidbaile??! For the new library thing...where was it?? They spoke waaay to fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

I thought it was ok. way way better than the mock which was IMPOSSIBLE o_o
    whats foirgneamh?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

mattfender wrote: »
    eh whats a sráidbaile??!
    A village
    Papillon! wrote: »
    whats foirgneamh?
    A building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Thought it was grand myself. Found it all pretty easy overall...the last accent was dire though. Christ almighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MrsSDelonge

I found it really hard too...I was doing higher and I was sooo tired by the end of it all I couldn't concentrate and I missed a load of answers:(

Ah well...I NEVER have to go near the damn language again:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I did the ordinary and to be honest i found it quite hard to understand the Comhra's(the spain one and something about fashion:confused:) then the last one the Northern Ireland guy i honestly thought when it first came on the CD skipped i couldnt unsderstand a word of his speech about a car or something all in all i did dreadful my worst Aural to date but oh well i think ill live!!
    Yeah I thought there were a few of the accents that annoyed me too, kinda threw me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

did anyone get the mock with the fall of communism in poland on the tape?

this was way better than that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

did anyone get the mock with the fall of communism in poland on the tape?

this was way better than that one!
    Yeah I did...........Our teacher said that it was the hardest OL tape she had ever seen......so it had to be easier than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

e z

Advertisement