Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Garages, Ennis.

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭

Earlier this year I bought a new VW Jetta from Western Garages, the VW agents in Ennis.
    I decided to fit an aftermarket stereo to it and had a local Limerick auto-electrician fit it. Afterwards, even though the stereo worked fine, a warning light came on saying I had an air-bag fault. I showed it to the auto-electrician and he told me that I'd have to visit the main dealer to have that fault rectified, even though it appeared immediately after having the stereo fitted.

I booked it into Western Garages and took the car in today. They ran the diagnostic gear and found several faults in the car's electrical system after the auto-elec guy's work and they spent an hour re-arranging the wiring and correcting the airbag fault plus other errors.

Afterwards, they advised me for future reference, if having any after-market electrical add-ons fitted, to have a VW dealer do the work or at least check it afterwards to avoid any potential problems which wouldn't be covered by manufacturer's warranty.

For the hour's labour, plus complimentary coffee and an Irish Indo to read while I waited, they charged me........ nothing. They said that in view of me buying the car from them, they wouldn't charge me even though the work was not under warranty.

It's nice that there's still some Main Dealer garages willing to give friendly service and not charge as they were perfectly entitled to do. It made me feel good.

Just thought I'd give them a mention on the forum for their more than helpful service.

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Name and shame the guy who messed up the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Naw!!! He has done good work for me in the past..... The best get it wrong occasionally. The point of my post was to give the VW guys in Ennis a positive mention. They were really nice to me today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A Tippman posting in the Limerick forum about a Clare garage.

My head just exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Garages are one thing......... hurling, that's a different matter altogether.
    I reserve my opinions there for later in the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You can usually get loom adapters which mean you can leave the wiring in tact. Car stereos are usually a DIY job but some new models may have made it difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The air bag sensor fault in VWs is a known issue after the battery has been disconnected afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Must admit our own expreiences with Western Garages aren't quite so positive...

Advertisement