Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macromedia Fireworks/photoshop people, canvas Query!Help

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I use Macromedia Fireworks.

How do You make Canvas Fit AROUND A finished shape so that when you upload you don't have to worry about the background, its just a star with no box around it?? E.G My Avator, when the Black style is chosen on this site there is a white box around my stars I want there to be NO White box and JUST stars so no matter what style on Boards you have its JUST 3 stars, dont wanna have to worry about canvas backround colour!??

Basically how do you get a canvas that is completely transparent when uploading onto sites like Boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

In Photoshop you should make sure that the background is transparent and then save it as a GIF (which preserves transparency)
    EDIT: just noticed you use Fireworks, can't help you out there I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

mordeith wrote: »
    In Photoshop you should make sure that the background is transparent and then save it as a GIF (which preserves transparency)
    EDIT: just noticed you use Fireworks, can't help you out there I'm afraid

I can save it as a Gif in Fireworks that should work right?:rolleyes:

dam i saved it as gif and tried but still, nothing. I still have that annoying background box :(:(

Help me please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

There is a tutorial on how to optimize transparent gifs in Fireworks here. About halfway down the page (takes a few seconds to load fully)

Thank you!!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement