Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime time debate

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

i know it was a bit of a shouting fest, but i think that enda kenny really dropped the ball with that crack about sinn fein and their private army. im not particularly inclined towards the big parties but i really think enda is letting the side down...he cant argue sensibly, i would have perfered gilmore he is quite business-link in the dail and debates

is this just me? i've noticed that boards is fine geal weighted (not heavily but they give out a lot) and this is the first debate which put the most of the major parties on one side. i could be wrong but i would like opinions

oh and by prime time i meant questions and answers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just starting watching it now! :o I was following the thread on P.ie and it suggests that Martin and Kenny have been very poor advocates for Lisbon.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

The no side walked it (and I'd be inclined to vote yes).

If FG won't ditch End Kenny they should at least put Richard Bruton on the box if some serious debate needs to be won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Who are this Libertas crowd?

I've been reading this http://www.indymedia.ie/article/87311 since the programme in a attempt to find out ..... seems very suspect???

I thought I had made up my mind to vote no but this 'Libertas' crowd look like they have anything but my interests at heart?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rollie wrote: »
    i know it was a bit of a shouting fest, but i think that enda kenny really dropped the ball with that crack about sinn fein and their private army.

well, he wasn't wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't use indymedia as a source of knowledge for goodness sake!

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

pencil wrote: »
    Who are this Libertas crowd?

I've been reading this http://www.indymedia.ie/article/87311 since the programme in a attempt to find out ..... seems very suspect???

I thought I had made up my mind to vote no but this 'Libertas' crowd look like they have anything but my interests at heart?

I trust FF, FG, and Sinn Fein, along with "Devil" Declan :) and libertas, equally.

Possibly everyone on that panel has their vested interests - the question is for us is to see passed all this and look at the debate at hand and how it effects us.

Its about the treaty, and debate of it. End of. It's not your a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I thought Minister Martin came out of it pretty well, Enda Kenny came across as preaching from the pulpit, as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny came across as preaching from the pulpit, as per usual.

More curate fresh from the seminary than bishop...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There's a thread on this in the EU subforum, where it belongs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement