Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Yacht on the Liffey

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody seen the big fancy white Yacht that has been parked sorry docked on the Liffey on and off for the last while...?The thing is huge,anybody know who the owner is..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Apparantly it used to belong to Roman Abramovich but he found it too small :eek: .

A rather wealthy American businessman owns it now and is here on a golfing holiday.

So they said on the radio last week anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

u2gooner wrote: »
    Apparantly it used to belong to Roman Abramovich but he found it too small :eek: .

A rather wealthy American businessman owns it now and is here on a golfing holiday.

So they said on the radio last week anyway

Was that not a big black one????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

Ah i seen that thing, pretty impressive alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Why do these "have you seen..." threads never contain a picture !?

//edit...

but a quick Flickr search sorted that out. I take it this is the boat? Looks like a big'un alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was docked on the Liffey last year aswell if I do remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Isn't that the restaurant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Goodshape wrote: »
    but a quick Flickr search sorted that out. I take it this is the boat? Looks like a big'un alright.

Nope, that's gone now, the one that's there now is a different one and has been there a few times, I don't think it's actually a luxury yacht but possibly some scientific research vessel.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

No its much more fancy than that,and a lot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Harumph! :)

Doen't any of you people have a camera phone or anything?

Like srsly, in this day and age...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

It does look similar to that one, though, but is black rather than navy

• Advertisement

Harumph! :)

Doen't any of you people have a camera phone or anything?

Like srsly, in this day and age...
    It wasn't there today when i cycled over the bridge, maybe it's gone walkies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

That's the one that Abramovich used to own... It's been gone since before the Tall Ships were in over the bank holiday weekend, haven't seen the one mentioned on this thread though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I saw one leave Dublin Port this evening at about 18.30hrs. More like a luxury cruiser, it was huge. Does anyone know what that was? I have a pic I'll upload later...

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I saw some huge yachts last year on holidays and I looked some of them up afterwards. Came across this site which lists the 100 largest yachts in the world.

Any of the ones I had seen were from number 50 onwards so I can only imagine how big the largest ones are!

You'll probably find it in there. The former Abramovich yacht that was there a few weeks back is only at number 74 on the list. Some life for those that own them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The one at the Dublin City Moorings until today was "Turmoil"

http://www.royaldenship.dk/Default.aspx?ID=5&M=News&PID=105&NewsID=179

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That's the one BendiBus, I knew it wasn't a luxury cruiser type yacht. It doesn't have it's name on it, well not in the usual spot anyway, which is why I couldn't find any pics on the web for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ian_m wrote: »
    I saw one leave Dublin Port this evening at about 18.30hrs. More like a luxury cruiser, it was huge. Does anyone know what that was? I have a pic I'll upload later...

yeah, I saw this coming into the port yesterday morning around 8am. It was massive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

I did see "turmoil" recently on the docks.However 3-4 weeks ago in the same position was the navy yacht called "Triple Sevens".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That's my dinghy I'll have you know. I have Jenkins use it to take me out to my real yacht, which wouldnt fit into Dublin port.

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    I did see "turmoil" recently on the docks.However 3-4 weeks ago in the same position was the navy yacht called "Triple Sevens".
    The man speaks the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Visitors to Dublin City Moorings:
    http://www.yachtspotter.com/ysp2_position_port.php?foo=Dublin%20City%20Moorings

Visitors to Dublin Port (Turmoil listed here instead of above :confused: ) :
    http://www.yachtspotter.com/ysp2_position_port.php?foo=Dublin%20Port

I have seen the Triple Seven in a few times,the one I was talking about in the OP looks a lot bigger than the Triple Seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Did it look anything like this? This was the biggest I've seen leaving the port...

IMG_0098.jpg

No definitely not a cruse chip.

Advertisement