Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing & Stag

Options
  • 10-06-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

HI,

Looking for advise. Want to head to the west for stag weekend, about 12-14 people.

Want to do surf lessons....looking for a chilled location, creamy pints sit outside and all that, but also a place that will serve till 2.00.

Was thinking about somewhere like fanore, and staying in ballyvaughan, but i dont think there are any late pubs in BV (unless you get a lockin)

Any suggestions..coastal town/surf/few pubs ?

Help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Locked surfing...you'll have to posts pictures of that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I organised my brothers stag in Strandhill. He then oganised my one in Strandhill. We know a fella called Tom Hickey and on both occasions he came up trumps.

http://www.perfectdaysurfing.com/

Very helpful guy. We had a ball on both occasions. We are all beginners, but I reckon he could sort out something for you. He organised apartment type accommodation for us. Very well connected in the area.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

We did a stag in bundoran with some drunken surfing in rossknowlagh the morning after the night before. It cleared the heads pretty quick I can tell you, there was an 50%+ puking rate though. Great craic in bundoran too. Watch out for those belfast women over for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah I was going to suggest Bundoran too, excellent spot. Some good bars/clubs there too. The chasin' bull is usually good for live bands.

Other than that Dingle maybe ? Inch Strand isnt a bad beach to surf but its a bit out of Dingle itself so trying to get to that may prove problematic if your still half cut.

Advertisement