Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4 Simple Questions...

Options
  • 10-06-2008 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

1.) When does the theory test change to 80 questions?

2.) How long will it take me in your opinion to learn the current material and do some practice theory tests in order to pass?

3.) When does that new law come in about having a fully qualified driver with you when on a provisional?

4.) How long will it take me to get my provisional after applying for it straight away after passing my theory test??

Thanks a mill people, really appreciate any help, Cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

SRFC90 wrote: »
    1.) When does the theory test change to 80 questions?

2.) How long will it take me in your opinion to learn the current material and do some practice theory tests in order to pass?

3.) When does that new law come in about having a fully qualified driver with you when on a provisional?

4.) How long will it take me to get my provisional after applying for it straight away after passing my theory test??

Thanks a mill people, really appreciate any help, Cheers:)

As far as I know the theory test will be remaining at 40 questions.

I don't know you or your knowledge of the rules of the road. Some people take 2 days some take 2 weeks.

"That new law" has been in place for years. It is only new for people on their 2nd provisional licence.

It took me a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How on earth can you expect anyone who doesn't know you to be able to answer that question?
    The new regulations will apply to those on 2nd Provisional Licence/Learner Permit holders in category B from 30th june. It has always applies to others.
    Impossible to get a Provisional now. You may be able to get a Learner Permit within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Thanks guys. What's the diff between a Provisional and a Learner permit??

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

A provisional licence is an older version of the new learners permit.The rules for a learners permit stay the same no matter how many of them you get while a person on their 2nd provisional was allowed to drive unaccompanied(this law is changing 30th June though). Also firt time holders of a learners permit obtained after dec 07 have to wait 6 months before applying for their driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks guys. What's the diff between a Provisional and a Learner permit??

Please read the sticky, it's there for a reason. This is a summary of the changes:
    • A person while holding a second learner permit or second provisional licence can drive unaccompanied in the period up to 30 June 2008.

• A first time learner permit holder on or after 30 October 2007 (except for motorcyclists) must be accompanied by a person who holds a full driving licence in the category for a continuous period of two years.

• A person whose provisional licence has now lapsed but who held a provisional licence at any time in the five year period prior to 30 October 2007 can renew their licence by getting a learner permit before the five year limit expires. The learner permit in that case will not be considered a first time learner permit. While driving this person must be accompanied by a person who holds a full driving licence (no minimum period necessary) in the category.

• As has been the case up to now a person (except for motorcyclists) who currently holds a first, third or subsequent provisional licence must be accompanied by a person holding a full driving licence- no minimum period necessary. This will change on 30 June 2008 when all learner permit (provisional licence) holders must be accompanied by a person who holds a full licence for a two year period.

• Advertisement
Advertisement