Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Midi editing software?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a gem WK2 Midi sequencer and need to edit in some click track introductions before each song as we want to start using the machine live with a drummer, most of the songs I have start abruptly and therefore need to have some count in so the drummer can kick it off in time. Is this possible? Can anyone recommend some good software for this? I am not very up on midi sequencers so any help here much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Can you not just insert a few bars at the top of the sequence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Thats exactly what I want to do, I just need a program that can edit midi, I've never used cakewalk or anything before, thats why I'm asking here, whats a good midi editing program?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

There's a list of sequencers here.
    http://www.sonicspot.com/sequencers.html

For what you need to do one of the free solutions should work fine. It may be out of date as reaper isn't mentioned, so there might be a few dead links.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

i think as studiorat said you can actually do it on the wk2, you don't to use a computer. i used to make midi files on a wx2 years ago and its definitely possible. just a matter of getting into record mode, insert a bar at the start, the drums should be on track 10, set them so that theyre playable, then just hit C# at the bottom of the keyboard four times for your click intro. Quantize what you've done and save it and your done, no need to transfer to computer.

For exact details on how to do this try and find the wk2 manual

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

ogy wrote: »
    i think as studiorat said you can actually do it on the wk2, you don't to use a computer. i used to make midi files on a wx2 years ago and its definitely possible. just a matter of getting into record mode, insert a bar at the start, the drums should be on track 10, set them so that theyre playable, then just hit C# at the bottom of the keyboard four times for your click intro. Quantize what you've done and save it and your done, no need to transfer to computer.

Why can't I make my replies as concise, accurate and to the point ?
    Good one Ogy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

cheers paul:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

ogy wrote: »

Thanks a million guys, I'll try that. I got my WK2 second hand and without a manual so I've had to figure it out myself. I'll try edit it myself cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Jimkel wrote: »
    Thanks a million guys, I'll try that. I got my WK2 second hand and without a manual so I've had to figure it out myself. I'll try edit it myself cheers.

Jimkel, Surely you can track down a manual online?

Squeeze her into Google and press go!

Advertisement