Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJ M9 jamming?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I recently bought a KJ M9 (Silver) pistol from airsofteire and it has only probably emptied about 3 mags and now the slide is jamming on literally every round:confused:I have removed the slide and filed any mould burrs and also greased the slide but it's still the same.
    Also ive found it very hard to fill the magazine with gas. I could hold the can (upside down) into the mag for the next week and it will still only fire about half the mag (10-12 BB's)I'm using Abbey Predator Ultra gas.
    Please help someone as i'm starting to get disheartened!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gunner_twotone

Check around the hammer and also on both sides of the safety switch.

If holding the M9 with your right hand, on the right hand side of the safety switch sits a small lever for the safety. Give it a check to see if its rough, also try looking for scrape marks on where the slide is jamming.

Another possibility is the slide rails are slightly off alignment.

If in doubt get in contact with the lads before you do any file jobs are mods incase they wont replace it for you.

Can you manually pull back the slide?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

When it jams, how are you releasing the slide again?

Do you have to force it forward? Pull it all the way back and release? Press the slide release catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So you are holding the mag and gas upside down to fill.

In this case perhaps a bad mold burr or friction is causing it.

You should not use grease on the slide though, clean it off and use oil, it could be causing the added friction.

Give a thorough clean to all part with a cloth, once its all clean and oiled slightly, if it doesn't work, contact the lads that sold it to you, they should be able to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

kdouglas wrote: »
    When it jams, how are you releasing the slide again?

Do you have to force it forward? Pull it all the way back and release? Press the slide release catch?

I only have to barely nudge it forward with my thumb. It doesn't be badly stuck or anything.

Re:Greasing the slide....sorry i should re-phrase-i didn't actually use grease-it's high precision lubricant that i use in work to lubricate lathe slides. Thats not to say it still not the right stuff though?

I'll try giving everything a good clean down again and re-oil and check it again.

Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ehh, when it jams is the gap between the slide and barrel clear or is the piston sticking out agains the barrel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Whatever you use to oil it, don't use petroleum based lubricants, they will damage the rubber seals.

Use synthetic silicon based oils.

Ehh, when it jams is the gap between the slide and barrel clear or is the piston sticking out agains the barrel?

No gap is clear-piston is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 psprat496

I have a black KJW Full Metal M9 also, and belive it or not I had the same exact problem. My gun always used to jam every couple rounds (usually towards the end of the clip), but I found the problem. My quick fix was realigning the piston with the springs. Apparently the 2 little springs on the side of the piston that smoothly move it back and forth were all jumbled up and weren't aligned correctly. So I slid the piston off, fixed the springs, cleaned and properly lubricated the gun with 100% silicon lubricant and it was good as new.

If that doesnt fix your gun:
    1. Check the loading nozzle on your clip. Maybe it has chipped. This is very common if you release a compressed spring quickly shooting it towards the top.
    2. Recoil spring. Some springs could be natural lemons. You should try buying a 150% guarder recoil spring. This will fix your "nudging" the slide problem. It wont cost you over $20.00 on www.evike.com
    3. Try purchasing a new clip. Even though this should be a last option, you should make sure you know the problem first before picking this option. But your filling the clip problem should be fixed. (and make sure you don't fill or use the gun in temperatures under 55 degress F as it will not work properly at all)
    4. Staggering the bbs. Make sure their aren't any gaps in the bb alignment when loading the clip.
    5. Using correct bbs. You should use HIGH POLISHED .2gram bbs.

I hope you can fix your problem with one of the tips above. If not please contact me at dowblab@aol.com. I am a current airsoft technecian and will more than happy to help you until your problem is solved.

~DAVE~

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the springs so;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 psprat496

So did you fix your problem yet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gonzoguy

I found on my beretta 93r (which is just a burst fire model of the m9) that my slide jams, and that the culprit is the hammer: the hammer is dragging on the bottom of the piston (underneath the rear of the slide). I'm gonna file down my hammer and see if that does it. If i fire a few burst outta my gun it starts jamming bad, and that's where the scrapes are.

Advertisement