Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very tame fox cub in Dunlaoghaire.

• 10-06-2008 7:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was out for a walk last night at around midnight and came across a fox cub in Dunlaoghaire. I thought that it was injured as it was very docile. I called it over and it came right up to me within three feet. Then made some sounds and it tilted its head sideways just like what a dog would do. I was afraid to let it get any closer as I heard that these can bite. He stayed around for about 15 minutes and then I met a local that said that he is a regular. I am wondering is it the lack of food about since the wheelie bins were introduced that has made these creatures become more bold. Photos were taken from cam phone and the flash didn't seem to bother him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Nice pics, yeah ive notice a few around the park in dun laoghaire, just walking around and into gardens, not a care in the world, seen some guys feeding one fish one night in sandycove, while they were fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

gversey wrote: »
    Nice pics, yeah ive notice a few around the park in dun laoghaire, just walking around and into gardens, not a care in the world, seen some guys feeding one fish one night in sandycove, while they were fishing.
    This one was along the promenade near Salthil, I have seen them stalking birds in the same area. I am tempted to go back there with a can of Dog food. Maybe he could become a future pet! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

This one was along the promenade near Salthil, I have seen them stalking birds in the same area. I am tempted to go back there with a can of Dog food. Maybe he could become a future pet! :)

I was told that when they started building work at the old DUN LAOIRE golf club the foxes have moved down towards the beaches looking for food.Im sure he would eat the dog food without hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭afatbollix

looks pritty cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

gversey wrote: »
    I was told that when they started building work at the old DUN LAOIRE golf club the foxes have moved down towards the beaches looking for food.Im sure he would eat the dog food without hassle.
    You can often see them stalking sea birds between the west pier and seapoint, ive even seen them in broad daylight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement