Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonights games euro 08

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

European Championships
    Greece v Sweden, D, 19:45
    Spain v Russia, D, 17:00

fancy a narrow 1.0 win for spain ..other game a draw

ps . theres great value in poland to beat austria at 13/10 tomorrow night may do somthing there .
    still cant belive dutch got a 3.0 win over the italians .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Smart money for me is a draw in the Spanish game. As per usual there's a lot of hype surrounding them going into a big tournament and I don't think they'll come out of the blocks quickly. Plus the Russians are a very well organised and solid unit who will be difficult to break down.

I can see 1-1 in this one with Spain to go on and win their next two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Its Spain all the way here for me... Their midfield is far superior and Russia's Top Striker Arshavin is suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

did them -1 and poland tomorrow night in a double ... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

lay sweden and back spain.2 of the outstanding bets so far spain too much firepower, russians nearly always mediocre at best.Greece very well organised out to prove it was no fluke last time and were very good in qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Villas top goalscorer odds shortened from something like 22-1 to 6-5 after today. wish i had gone for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Have Spain -1 and Greece win/draw €75 pays €311 on PP
    Not afterposting before someone says it, already posted it here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56199572&postcount=29

Go on greece!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Got the over 2.5 goals at 1-0 but lost most of it on Spain winning 3-0 when at 2-0. Russia were pretty poor technically, can't believe Fabergas didn't start. I have absolutely no clue what will happen in the Greece match, but I think Sweden will score at least.

Dont see Sweden scoring my self.
    Ibrahimovic is a mile from being fit and Larson is 36 and playing in the equilivant of the
    Eircom league for the past 2 years.
    Ibrahimovic has also not scored in his last 14 international games for Sweden and has
    also been injured for most of the season.
    There are goals in this greece side and they are not the 10 behind the ball team they
    were in the last euros.
    They have the best qualifying record of any team in the championships and have
    outscored the likes of portugal with their 18 goal haul in the process
    They are my dark horses and should make the quarters.
    They also have lost 1 game in their last 8 and that was 3-2 to Spain.
    Can see a good win here by 1 or 2 goals for Greece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

IrishMike wrote: »
    Dont see Sweden scoring my self.
    Ibrahimovic is a mile from being fit and Larson is 36 and playing in the equilivant of the
    Eircom league for the past 2 years.
    Ibrahimovic has also not scored in his last 14 international games for Sweden

Just wondering, where did you hear that Ibra wasn't fit. I wouldn't mind about his scroing record tbh honest, it's his assist record that has always stood out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've got 20 euro on a 1-0 win For Greece at 11/2 with PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Greeks boring the life out of us right now.

I wouldn't call 13/10 about Poland as mega value to be honest. The Austrians should be well able to give them a game after their close game with Croatia. Still not a bet to ignore though if you believe that was a one off performance.

Greece are a disgrace to football! I have 2 outstanding bets on Sweden to score 1st now, all it takes is for one bounce to go their way.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just wondering, where did you hear that Ibra wasn't fit. I wouldn't mind about his scroing record tbh honest, it's his assist record that has always stood out

He has been injured since March and just came back for Inter at the very very end of the season.
    He has had no game time and the BBC were reporting today that he was a doubt.
    This is all i could find now as the BBC page has been changed to the
    live match analysis

Sweden have a slight concern over the fitness of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The forward hopes to start the match, but has only recently recovered from a knee injury and doubts his ability to last 90 minutes.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/international/euro_2008/article4100157.ece

EDIT - 60 seconds later he goes and scores...
    Typical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ibrahimovic to score first 6-1
    Sweden to score the next goal 13-8
    Sweden to win to nil 13-5

Turning a profit after a horrendous start to the tournament PRICELESS

:)

Iago wrote: »
    Turning a profit after a horrendous start to the tournament PRICELESS

You must have been making some very dodgy bets thus far to have had a bad start to the tournament, it's been pretty good for the punter.

hotspur wrote: »
    You must have been making some very dodgy bets thus far to have had a bad start to the tournament, it's been pretty good for the punter.

Started off well, then dropped a small fortune on France last night. Hopefully the only abberration for the duration!

Iago wrote: »
    Started off well, then dropped a small fortune on France last night. Hopefully the only abberration for the duration!

Unlucky to lump on the only game to go wrong thus far (Italy doesn't count as no-one could bet that game confidently beforehand).

Good for most punters. Others might have taken on the bigger teams on the first games. They would of gotten a good run for their money in some of the games. Austrians and Swiss were unlucky.

It seems surprises are going to be few and far between in this event though.

Unlucky to lump on the only game to go wrong thus far (Italy doesn't count as no-one could bet that game confidently beforehand).

Partially unlucky, and partially stubborness.

I was looking at either lumping on Croatia or France in the first round of games in the buildup to the tournament, and given that France had a poor run coming into the tournament and have a reputation for starting slowly I probably should have taken Croatia. Even without Henry though I thought France should have more than enough to beat the Romanians by a couple of goals. In hindsight though I was uncomfortable enough that I should have reined in my risk on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Won a nice few quid so far on Croatia, Spain and Ibrahimovic first goal scorer :)

• Advertisement

same here won on all the most probable games. steered clear of holland game and the german poland gsme ..

if italy loose to romania there more than likley out. i will be lumping on them
    they wont lay down that easy. there will be at least 1.0 .or 2.0 there. way to much talent . i dont care how old they are . there master of come backs.

500to win 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Tonight is a near certainty

Portugal to beat Czech Republic who struggled against Switz and looked porous at the back apart from Cech.

Swiss to beat an awful Turkey side.

Portugal 5-6
    Czech Rep. 17-4
    DRAW 23-10

Switzerland 13-10
    Turkey 2-1
    Draw 11-5

Turkey are not awful and switzerland are not exactly streaks ahead of them.
    Its a totaly coinflip highlighted by the bookies odds.
    Not exactly the near certainty you are saying.

I'm gonna have a bit of that 5/6 on Portugal

My worry is that a draw my suit both sides though as Portugal will expect to beat the Swiss in the final game, likewise the Czechs with Turkey.

Even a draw tonight and a draw in their final games giving them 5 points my be enough

are you guys mad ...portugal will not settle for a draw here.
    sure injurys and god knows what else could happen untill that 3rd game . thell go for the win for sure and rest a few players in the last game ,knowing they are through .
    its comon sense to do that way.
    why put off tomorrow what you can do today theory.
    portugal will surly win . but not by a 3.0 like the last time. the chek side will have leared a lesson in the last game they know there lucky to get all points there ..
    5/6 portugal ill have a punt on this for sure

Is 5/6 best price or is EVENS available anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Right boys, firstly I've Portugal and Spain to top their groups respectfully. Spain look like their cruising through.

The thing is I would not be Lumpin on the Portuguese tonight, I hope and expect a result win/draw but again this will be a very difficult game for Portugal.

They are really lacking a strong centre fwd, the likes of Van Nist for example.

Czechs will be hard to break down.

17/20 Paddy Power for Portugal. 10/11 on Betfair. Most bookies tightened their odds on them Paddy Power actually drifted theirs out slightly.

I always dislike hearing about 5/6 near certainties. Why aren't they 1/3 then? Still i understand the major interest in backing them. Those Czechs can be tricky though. I'll leave this one alone myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gonna take draw/portugal at 4.9. Strictly tiny stakes though, just an interest bet.

Think Portugal are strong but the Czech's have a strong defense as well as Cech

Advertisement