Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonights games euro 08

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

No money lost but a very very bad call by me.

Moving on, with the massive shake up in the expected quarter final matches now, does anybody else fancy Turkey at 17-1 to get to the final. It looks like they have only one real tough match left if they were to make it (in the semi's) and seeing as Croatia are only 3.5-1 and the Czech's are 9.5-1, 17-1 seems a bit big.

As for tonight, will probably have around 25% of my bank on Poland, with maybe the breakdown as 20 on Poland and 5% on draw/Poland if the odds are right

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    No money lost but a very very bad call by me.

Moving on, with the massive shake up in the expected quarter final matches now, does anybody else fancy Turkey at 17-1 to get to the final. It looks like they have only one real tough match left if they were to make it (in the semi's) and seeing as Croatia are only 3.5-1 and the Czech's are 9.5-1, 17-1 seems a bit big.

As for tonight, will probably have around 25% of my bank on Poland, with maybe the breakdown as 20 on Poland and 5% on draw/Poland if the odds are right

Interesting thinking about Turkey alright, but whether they have that quality i don't know.

Basically your talking for that 17/1; Turkey to qualify from the group (currently 6/4) and then beating most likely Croatia and then Portugal. They're likely to be around say 3/1 and 4/1 for both those games perhaps?

If that scenario came through then it wouldn't be great value but then again a weaker team could sneak out of Group B at the expense of the Germans and get lucky playing the Portuguese which would make the 17's more appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭00dyel

just found this forum, i have backed Netherlands and Spain to win Euro 2008.

Netherlands at 14.5 and Spain at 6.1

Croatia earlier today were 5-1 to beat Germany but i wimped out of it. Can't see Austria getting anything against Poland tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Have some money on poland tonight, not much. But i am never goin to bet on them again after watching the start of the match. I'm pretty sure u cud teach a bunch of primary school kids to play the offside-rule better, they play offside like teams in computer games and it never works. then again they are winning as i'm typing this. Thinking there might be a fair few goals in the croatia-poland game with craotia qualified and poland defending like this and attacking quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

okay, I'm putting it out there.
    A €20 double on
    Italy win and Del Piero to score in 90 @ 16-5
    +
    Holland win and Sneijder to score in 90 @ 13-2
    =
    €630

I can feel it... lol, just like I could feel germany woop the croats yesterday :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Sorry to go off topic here lads but just got a phonecall from Aintree, tip for a nag, it's an Irish raider they've sent over

Aggie's Lad @ Aintree - 6.40, tonight

Restricted access in work means I can't check the early price, so can anyone do the honours?

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Sorry to go off topic here lads but just got a phonecall from Aintree, tip for a nag, it's an Irish raider they've sent over

Aggie's Lad @ Aintree - 6.40, tonight

Restricted access in work means I can't check the early price, so can anyone do the honours?

Much appreciated

11-2 on pp, probably get better elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Cheers mate, really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

italy tonight at 8/11 they should have what it takes to beat romania
    goin with a 50euro win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

jkelly85 wrote: »
    italy tonight at 8/11 they should have what it takes to beat romania
    goin with a 50euro win

we all fcukn lost on italy thank god i didnt lump as much as i wanted to .. will be backing spain to redeem my funds tonight .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Italy were a huge let down for most gamblers!!!

I'm only doing minor €5 and €10 bets but i'm getting hammered. I quiet fancy a Spain/Russia double.

€20 on 4/6 and 5/4 gives a return of: €75. Not bad if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Romania are killing me in this championship

have lumped on spain to win some money back - come on spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

we are all in the same boat .italy helped the bookmakers recover there early loss with the top teams winning.
    only ther aledged cert is germans beating austria but at 4/11 3/10 depending where you bet. youd want to be putting down serious poke.
    but its still a gamble at that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Lost a bit on italy, first part of a multibet. Germany to beat austria with a clean sheet at 6/5, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Lost a bit on italy, first part of a multibet. Germany to beat austria with a clean sheet at 6/5, anyone?

Not sure about the clean sheet bit but at those odds it might be worth a punt.

Germany should win but you would imagine there will be some lenient reffing to the host nation who are as good as out of the championship. Would not surprise if they got another 'funny' peno at some stage in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

kenco wrote: »
    Not sure about the clean sheet bit but at those odds it might be worth a punt.

Germany should win but you would imagine there will be some lenient reffing to the host nation who are as good as out of the championship. Would not surprise if they got another 'funny' peno at some stage in the game

Well if they get that funny decision and win they might not be out, they could be in the quarter finals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

dsmythy wrote: »
    Well if they get that funny decision and win they might not be out, they could be in the quarter finals!

Too right!

Imagine its scoreless at half time and early in the second there is a controversial scored peno for Austria! That would tell us just how good Germany are!

That said I cant see Germany not beating them but I reckon there will be a consolation goal

Advertisement