Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying Wooden Floor on Elastilon. Doors ?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

When running from one room to another using elastilon underlay, how did you all do the doors. I.e. how did you position the lenght of flooring without the underlay grabbing hold or scrathing it off the frame where you run under. I am running from the hall into two rooms with the direction of the flooring. And then lenght wise. Also how did you dead with fire hearths.

Also where is the normal position to begin installing the floors. I have a small hall with a sitting room off one side and two bedrooms off the other. Should i begin in the sitting room or the hall.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lucan79

elastilon is a messy process i find that the boards don't pull together properly ,i suggest that if you have a concrete floor glue it down and if you have floor boards nail it down ,the best place to start your floor is at the door ,when you work your way over to the fireplace you can buy a profile to cover the expansion gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lucan79 wrote: »
    elastilon is a messy process i find that the boards don't pull together properly ,i suggest that if you have a concrete floor glue it down and if you have floor boards nail it down ,the best place to start your floor is at the door ,when you work your way over to the fireplace you can buy a profile to cover the expansion gap

elastilon is not messy glue is messy
    if you makesure the boards are tight before pulling out the cover sheet then it works perfectly

glue can be very messy and i really don't recomend it for an ameture with no experiance of it

you should go inton the supplier who sold you the elastilon and get him to explain each of your questions in detail its easy to use if you know the "tricks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

I am laying 90mm variable lenghts of white oak, what would you recommend, i am thinking that the elastilon will be difficult to manage with teh short variable lengts.

Advertisement