Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMSLib Problems

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble using SMSLib.

I've been told that its the best library out there to help me send/receive messages from my phone over a serial connection. Only problem is I cant seem to use it.

In my code I have 'import org.smslib.something' but in Netbeans 6.1 (XP) it says 'package does not exist'. So I added the library to Netbeans but it still didnt work. I then went here and followed the installation guide. I downloaded SUN Java Comm v2 and followed the instructions.

There is then talk of ANT and log4j and I get completely lost!

Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭ViperMAN

Please guys- has anyone got any info at all? Surely theres bound to be someone out there that has or is using SMSLib?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Could you copy and paste some output from the java compiler?

The error messages will kick off ideas I'm sure.

Thanks for the reply cantab,
    Unfortuently I am away form my Dev PC until later this evening- I'll stick up the error message then...cheers!

Ok- the error message is as follows:

init:
    deps-jar:
    Compiling 1 source file to C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\build\classes
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:6: package org.smslib does not exist
    import org.smslib.IOutboundMessageNotification;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:7: package org.smslib does not exist
    import org.smslib.Library;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:8: package org.smslib does not exist
    import org.smslib.OutboundMessage;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:9: package org.smslib does not exist
    import org.smslib.Service;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:10: package org.smslib.modem does not exist
    import org.smslib.modem.SerialModemGateway;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:72: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class IOutboundMessageNotification
    public class OutboundNotification implements IOutboundMessageNotification
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:74: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class OutboundMessage
    public void process(String gatewayId, OutboundMessage msg)
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:19: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class Service
    Service srv;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:20: cannot find symbol
    OutboundMessage msg;
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:25: cannot find symbol
    symbol : variable Library
    System.out.println(Library.getLibraryDescription());
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:26: cannot find symbol
    symbol : variable Library
    System.out.println("Version: " + Library.getLibraryVersion());
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:28: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class Service
    srv = new Service();
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:29: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class SerialModemGateway
    SerialModemGateway gateway = new SerialModemGateway("modem.com1", "COM1", 19200, "Nokia", "6310i");
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:29: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class SerialModemGateway
    SerialModemGateway gateway = new SerialModemGateway("modem.com1", "COM1", 19200, "Nokia", "6310i");
    C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\SMS\src\SendMessage.java:48: cannot find symbol
    msg = new OutboundMessage("+[theNumIsHere]", "Hello World!");
    15 errors
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 2 seconds)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

"package org.smslib does not exist"

Check it's on your path.

Look at your environment variables.

• Advertisement

Problem solved- the package was in the path but I needed to build it first! My bad! Thanks for the help anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vikaspatidar

Hi i am new to SMSLib can you send me a procedure for setting up and compile using ANT with example my email is "vikas.patidar@hotmail.com"

Thank You in Advance.........

Advertisement