Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do !!

Options
  • 10-06-2008 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Rigth so, I have all the components of my new sff build apart from the nzxt (rogue) case and the motherboard. Which i plan to buy from ocuk later on today !

Now, i have some spare money left over from a few dealings here and there ;) And im thinking about watercooling the cpu. A 240mm rad, pump and res should go in nicely. But the problem is, im so out of touch when it comes to watercooling, i havent a fooking clue what to get.

I've seen this http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=58474 on adverts, Ya think it would be up to cooling a moderatly overclocked E6600 at about 3ghz ?

The sooner you can give advice the better, as id like to have ocuk ship it all today.

Chairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

yeah it would do it no probs its just those pumps are huge and tend to rattle after a while as they are no designed for dry running(they're designed to be submerged in tanks). I was advising a guy to get a swiftech compact cause they're around a hundred euro and they can definitely take an overclocked duo core. They're quiet aswell and are perfect for sff

EDIT: read the post on xs, are you looking for a custom kit as in d-tekv2, ddc pump, single rad etc? can it fit it?

Thats what im worried about, Apparently a 120 rad will only fit on the back, and ill need alot of cutting to get one onto the sides. So im now thinking... Will any 120 rad be able to cool a E6600 and 8800gt with full ek cover block ?

This is now what i have picked out:

46733099ly7.jpg

Ive gone for the all in 1 res and pump as i seriously dont think there is enough room to mount a d5 vario anywhere. Unless i loose one of the hdd cages. But that defeats the purpose. The XSPC rad looks a bit slim to be effective, but people are sayign they are decent. Obviously picked the yateloons as they get great reviews.

If only there was somewher ein ireland that could sell this stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

well not if you're going to overclock both the cpu and gpu maybe a single is too little, fair enough the g80 chips used to run real hot but the gt is cool in comparision, it'd be risky but i'd say you could run a single rad maybe thermochill or feser. Even the mcr's are very good for their price, the pump is a great choice with that top. would you be willing to cut for a dual radiator??

EDIT: thought you went for the ddc with res top but your choice is still good

• Advertisement

I suppose if i use a radbox i can hang the double outside and have the tubing come in through a pci slot. But i was hoping to have it nice and tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Get rid off horse cutter and get Drive Hose Clip , the plastic ones are a ppp in da arse

I had one from alphacool before, i find them great.

So this is what i went for in the end :

vejlsvbshvlhqi7utrxd.jpg

Decided to go with a single rad to keep things nice and clean inside, and use 2 77cfm yate loon fans on push/pull. Also dropped the single res for a double res. This means that there will be no dvd drive in the pc.... But i honestly cant remember the last time i used one. I run all my games from iso's and all the software i install are iso's too.. legal ofcourse :p

Also, the pump in the double xspc is a 750lph compared to the 250lph of the single one. Have placed the order for all this last night, but the d-tek block is out of stock at the moment and isnt in stock untill next week :( So it looks like there will be a slight delay in the build :(

I also hope that a single 120 rad can gool a g92 8800gts and a lapped e6600, even though ive gone against the advice os the XS people who said get a 240 or two sinle 120's. One way to find out !

Advertisement