Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Round of Kit Orders!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Picked my gear up yesterday (Cheers Tiny) and the quality is great!! Shorts are very comfy. Now i just need to get my fat ass back on the bike:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Thanks for the pictures blorg. Tiny, you can sign me up for a jersey. If you have enough people sign me up for shorts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Stole your pics for the wiki Blorg, if you don't mind !

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boards.ie_cycling_jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

You don't do boards.ie jackets then? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

You don't do boards.ie jackets then? :(

There are jackets available, but again, it's down to 10 people ordering 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'd love to get in on this order too. Jersey, and shorts if they're being ordered. I'm thinking medium, but not sure cos i don't own any 'real' cycling gear already. :confused:
    I'm 5'10, 11stone. (seems to be what people are basing on). Anybody know? i doubt i'm large, normally small/medium in normal clothes.
    Might just try some stuff on in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

OK, I think we have enough people now (presuming everyone is taking a full-zip short sleeve?)

Raam
    Caroline_ie
    Sy
    Blorg (x2)
    daymobrew (4xs or mini)
    fish-head
    kincsem
    Quigs Snr
    Explosive_Cornflake

Maybe:

E@gle. (?- in US)
    bunnygreen (long sleeve- want a short sleeve, or just a long?)

I will take two as I just had my first (and last) experience ironing synthetics (was going to take a creaseless picture) Lesson learned: iron on low, or even better, don't iron at all :(

90px-Iron_on_Low.JPG

Tiny- I'd be happy to gather the money together for this and place the order if you give me the details.

Ok folks, just to let everyone know, this round of orders will be organised by penexpers -he's graciously volunteered to look after the nitty gritty, so I presume he'll be around soon to let you know how he wants to proceed. I'd rather someone other than me take this one, because I really don't want the kit to be all about me! :)

blorg wrote: »
    Tiny- I'd be happy to gather the money together for this and place the order if you give me the details.

I sit on the penexpers stuff for a couple of days, and just as I post about it you do too Blorg!

I'm happy with penexpers doing it! Let me know if you want any help with anything.

DavyD_83- there is a chest/waist chart on the wiki, probably best compare on that - my guess would be a medium or small as you say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Hi,you can put me down for another short sleeve full zip jersey,large,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

:D
    90px-Iron_on_Low.JPG
    It kind of gives it a bit of an edge ... very rock n roll.

I have to say tho ... I wouldn't have though anyone would ever iron a cycling jersey ... just like some people who iron their socks ... :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

OK, I think we have enough people now (presuming everyone is taking a full-zip short sleeve?)
    Sign me up for a S/S zipper in L, if you'd be so good - I've got to stop wearing this Chelsea away strip: small boys in blue soccer jerseys are starting to follow me around.

I'm happy with penexpers doing it! Let me know if you want any help with anything.

DavyD_83- there is a chest/waist chart on the wiki, probably best compare on that - my guess would be a medium or small as you say.

And I'd meant to put a page on the Wiki myself :)

One thing I will say is be careful with the pricing.. the carvalho website lists prices excluding VAT and delivery, so add 21% and a quid to the price quoted. The prices paid last time were slightly lower because of the funding provided by the admins and mkdon05 (and possibly to the tune of 20 quid or so from me) -so the prices may be a couple quid more this time round...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'll take a long sleeve one too, oh and NEVER iron your jerseys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

ok raam,thats me and you for the long sleeved,anyone else?,lets try and tot the numbers up and if we have enough lets do it with the other orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If it's not too late, can you put me down for a full zip, short sleeve, size large jersey

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

if its not too late stick me down for an X-large shortsleeve full zip jersey.... missed this last time round. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Hey everyone,

Can you please PM me your orders and also how you would like to pay. Once I have all the orders in I'll work out how much each person will pay inc. vat and postage. I would prefer to use paypal, but if this isn't really an option then I should be able to accept bank transfer.

I'll keep the orders open till Friday week.

:D
    It kind of gives it a bit of an edge ... very rock n roll.

I have to say tho ... I wouldn't have though anyone would ever iron a cycling jersey ... just like some people who iron their socks ... :D
    I can assure you, I have never ironed a cycling jersey before (as I think you can believe from the evidence) and never will again...

I would be fine with the visual being very rock and roll had it not burned right through the fabric! Extra ventilation I guess :)

• Advertisement

I would do a one long sleeve, one short if it helps the long order. But I think that still leaves us at three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Not reading the whole thread, it's too long.

Someone should start a poll, it worked well last time in getting the order together.

I'd go for another jersey anyway. Long sleeve. But I haven't the other one yet so I don't know about sizing.

Or. I'd get the bib shorts maybe. One or the other, not both. I'm not made of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

put me down for:

Long-Sleeved Jersey (medium)
    Bib-Shorts (medium)

niceonetom wrote: »
    put me down for:

Long-Sleeved Jersey (medium)
    Bib-Shorts (medium)

But of course, I have the cash for your shorts, and sy's jersey!

I'll take an xl L/S jersey too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

There are jackets available, but again, it's down to 10 people ordering 'em

9, if others are game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

9, if others are game :)
    How much are the jackets? ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'm down for a short sleeve full zip medium. I'll get a long sleeve also to make numbers up if that helps.

How much are the jackets? ...?

Depends on the jacket, but they do a training jacket, of which I had a sample for about 50quid -it's top quality, wicking on the inside, waterproof on the outside, as breathable as anything I've come across really, and the benefit of a third, windproof layer on the front panel

Oh, and I'm up for getting one of them too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe a poll and all results are public would be good.
    It's help whoever has to draw up the list. :)

The list would be already done for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

micmclo wrote: »
    Maybe a poll and all results are public would be good.
    It's help whoever has to draw up the list. :)

The list would be already done for them

Yes but to list all the options (including sizes) in a poll would make it unworkable.

I think really the best thing is to PM me your order and I will update the thread below with the total numbers of each order.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055312695

Advertisement