Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Further Information and likely Grant of PP

• 10-06-2008 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I know this is impossible to answer but in peoples experience once you receive a request for further information that contains reasonably minor requests (reduce boundary wall height, move house a few metres closer to neighbouring property) then assuming the requests are complied with are you pretty much assured of a subsequent grant of PP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You can't be completely sure but it's a good pointer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Dont break out the champagne just yet, it might be a good sign but it by no means a guarantee, I have gone through complicated FI's and clarifications just to get a refusal before. You cant be sure until you get that piece of paper that says grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

getting an FI request can be a good sign, if it was outright not allowed they would just hit you with a refusal.
    But, the FI request may be to ammend minor elements not allowable by the LAP or CDP, and if so sfter they are correct the app will be assess on its merits, yay or nay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

in my experience , an additional information request is a good signal of a positive outcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I would agree with the above comments. Generally (and I use that word loosely) it is an indication that they are happy enough with the proposal and need some items tweaked or clarified or whatever.

But I have also seen refusals in these situations. Sit tight and get out the rosary beads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

A request for Further Information is a good indication that the Planning Authority are prepared to consider granting permission for the development. As others have said its not a guarantee that permission will be granted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

The planners have asked us for further information, 3 things on the list:

1: sight lines :mad:
    2: asking us to reduce the pitch of the roof on the house :)
    3: provide a sample of stone we propose to use for the front of the house :)

2 & 3 isn't a problem, number 1 is, this has been my concern for a while and could prove tricky but the architect is speaking with the planners on how we can overcome this, the biggest hurdle is asking the local landowner for permission to trim back his hedges to get adequate sight lines, the first approach with the landowner didn't go down that well, any ideas on how to get around this, legal ways that is, like what is the best way to approach the landowner to give us permission?

CamperMan

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if all comes to all and you cannot get the permission from the landowner, perhaps consider engaging a roads enginner (in the absence of your architect being able) to work out the design speed of the road and, accordingly, specify the required sightlines in accordance to the NRAs roads design handbook. You may be able to meet these requirements, and a council roads engineer would be very slow to refuse to accept site specific road design calculations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Thanks Syd,

Advertisement