Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway reccomendations?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

hello i am looking for a isp in galway city and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations and also had a few questions.

reading the threads on here most isp's seem to have a 6 or `12 month contract
    as i dont know how long i will be in my current residence,what issues am i likely to incur if i want to cancel my cntract?or does it depend on who you go with?

i am open to any isp,however i would prefer not to have to get a phoneline as i have no use for it.
    i would also prefer always on bb

and above all i want nothing whatsoever to do with ntl/upc

thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You've excluded just about all of your options. You're left pretty much with IBB Breeze or Digiweb Metro. You'll need line of sight to the mast, an aerial on the roof, and I'm pretty sure they're 12 month contracts. If you want out early, you'll most likely have to pay out the remainder of the contract.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Yeah you're pretty much fecked.

You sure you won't go to NTL? My friends have it in Galway and they've had no trouble. No technical issues (luckily) and no traffic shaping on torrents or anything.

Advertisement