Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish2 - How'd it go

Options
  • 10-06-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

How'd it go for everyone ?

I thought the OL paper was fair, rushed a bit through it but it's all in the good spirit of nailing an A at HL business :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

It went better than I thought. Thank god for Clare Sa Speir. Finished at 10:30 and rushed home to start business, I need my A1 and i'm fairly close to getting one if everything goes right like my mock and this time i'm better at ABQ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Was out at 10.15 , went shocking, didnt have a clue! only thing i knew was Cearrbhach and was barely able to manage that question, never heard of Jack or biomse something

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dave_The_Bear

was out at 10.45 and thought its was fine.
    only lookin for 40% overall so defo got that.
    HL business will either make or break me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

OL was handy enough coundnt remember which was the story where the 2 lads go to the pub so i jus did 'an bhean og' which was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

Disaster. lol Knew all the poems and storts and stuff but understanding the questions and answering was terrible. All I want is to pass, hopefully paper 1 got that for me. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Finished at 10 got 3 pages overall. It's only 12-16% like, loads were out then at 10 past.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Irish went really well for me, did OL.

Wrote about four pages in total, taking my time and was done a 10:50. Hopefully, I'll get my A in it as I have to count it for points now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

paper 2 OL was very fair i thought...except i forgot to do part b on ceist 1:mad: at least it was only worth 20 marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

higher-

oooh went bad, hadnt got a clue wot the questions meant!!!!
    Sure I prob passed anyway with the oral, aural and paper1

Wrote 2 pages overall finished at 10.15

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Thought it went easy enough - aprt from the fact that the predictions were wrong - "Faoiseamh" came up again! I hadnt studied it at all... Lig Sinn i gCathu was due to come up as the part A aswell... Jack and Bimse Buan were grand.
    I was the last person out of pass - out at 11.20. Why do we have so much time for this and we're pushed for every second in Geography/History/English...?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The ordinary paper was brilliant! I wrote about 10 pages!!!!La Bui Bealtaine and Fiche Bhlian ag Fas were the only 2 prós I knew and both came up!

I got 100% in paper2 in the pre.....so hopefully some more of the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Higher.

Went as well as I could have hoped I suppose, but that's still not great like. I knew nothing about Lig Sinn i gCathù so bull****ted that...

Finished at half past.

All in all should have passed hopefully, on the basis of the Aural and Oral plus whatever small mark in the Papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

OL Id say I did well enough to get my pass. Not counting it for points anyway.
    Finish by about 11.20 took my time at it.

I spoted two slight mistakes in that paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I was so lucky with this paper! I didn't bother doing any revision for Irish(OL), cos I only need to pass it, but this morning I decided I'd better look over some stuff. I read three of the poems and my notes on them, and those three came up! With Clare sa speir in the prose too, it was an alright paper for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stressed!

Higher Level!!

I couldn't be happier. Ruraiocht and scoileanna na mbard came up as predicted by 2fm. I was after learning sean o cathasaigh and bainisteoir na monarchan last night so was thrilled when i saw them!! Very happy with the lower level poems (i did bimse buan and codarsnacht and an t-atmaisfear). I did oiche nollaig na mban.....nice question!
    I was not as happy with lig sinn i gcathu but i was very happy wiht fiche bhlian ag fas!!

Overall....very happy!!!

3 more exams left:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

I thought The HL paper was brilliant,couldn't really have gone much better. A thig na tit orm questions were easy,oiche nollag na mban came up:pac:. faoiseamh a gheobhdsa isn't that easy to write about but the questions were easy. Lig sin i gcathu,i hate it but the questions about the characters was easy and the fiche blian... question was easy. Could only do 1 and a half stair questions but i couldn't care its only 7 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

So relieved after that lovely paper (HL)! Well, I had to really rack my brains about one section of the Stair and I wasn't a big fan of the characters who came up in An Triail, but holy cow the poetry and the prose were amazing. It feels so good to let all that knowledge drift away...ahhh.

I stayed in until the very end. I must've read over my paper about four times.

WAHEY! NO MORE STUPID IRISH PROSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 born2run

HL

Poems were class, stories were grand, An Triail was a bit dodgy but got 3 pages on it anyway and Stair was crap (cos i never learned it...ah well, I could do the Ruraiocht!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jay3110

heya fellow leaving cert peeps

the was the hardest exam in moi life
    i do foundation maths nd n the irish paper i writte al maths stuff
    nd den i vomited on the person next 2 me
    nd den they vomited on the person next 2 themm

Vote NO in the lesbian treaty
    xxxxx

You know you love me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

higher level

it would have been an alright paper if i knew anything about lig sinn i gcathu!

i studied claire sa speir and fiche bliain ag fas in detail but becuase they were both on section A i could only do one, would have loved if one of them was in section b, but no, that stupid ****in story about a college and a dog or sumit came up! argh im kickin myself now, cas i got 70% for lig sinn i gcathu in the mocks, if only i bothered learning it!

and the an triail question was a bit weird, the characters were so random, its like they wanted us to do badly in them, how much can u write on those characters? i got 2 pages in all but jesus, why wasnt there maire, maili, padraig, even her mother?!

NEVER HAVE TO DO IRISH EVERY AGAIN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

higher level-

fairly happy with it all! An triail question was a bit strange but managable. didnt study lig sinn i gcathu but i kinda remembered it from my mock! overall, with paper 1 and tape and oral, hopefully i got a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

i do OL but i found it grand. just got up at 8.20 this morning and studied and it was grand. got 73% in the mock so am hoping for an A ...fingers crossed :)

no more irish woohooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

HL

Pretty happy..
    Did the stair first.. Rúraíocht and Teangaha Iasachta.. Probably full marks..
    Clare Sa Spéir question on Eoin.. Pretty nice, nothing too tricky
    Lig Sinn i gCathú.. Did An Púca and Monsignor de Bláca. Probably should have done Balor instead of An Púca because he wasn't really that funny was he? Then again none of them were..
    Maidhc Dainín Thank God a question on Sasana came up!
    Poetry I did Gealt? and Faoiseamh.. Gealt questions were very predictable, and Faoiseamh was fair..
    I wanted to do Oíche Nollag na mBan but wasn't 100% sure for the 9 mark on the meon.. So I did Dán Do Mhelissa and bluffed my way through it.. But it was 2+ pages of quality bluff :)

Overall I'd say I'm looking at a B1 or an A2 if I'm lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sugarplum_fairy

honors, stayed in for the whole length of the exam, my tummy started rumbling about half way through, sooo hungry! quite happy with it though, first paper my hand started cramping up in :) so thats probably a good sign! altho i learned today that i cant spell, monsignor became monsegnoir... only managed one and a half on the stair q's, we only had that much done. so i just made up some stuff about the annals... poem, thigh and prose q's were all grand tho. so happy to finally put my old primary school dictionary up on the shelf and left it die... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

muffinman wrote: »
    HL

Pretty happy..
    Did the stair first.. Rúraíocht and Teangaha Iasachta..
    Lig Sinn i gCathú.. Did An Púca and Monsignor de Bláca.
    Maidhc Dainín Thank God a question on Sasana came up!
    Poetry I did Gealt? and Faoiseamh.. Gealt questions were very predictable, and Faoiseamh was fair..
    I wanted to do Oíche Nollag na mBan but wasn't 100% sure for the 9 mark on the meon.. So I did Dán Do Mhelissa and bluffed my way through it.. But it was 2+ pages of quality bluff :)

haha how weird is dat u did almost every question i did....in the same order!! Except i actually did oiche nollag.... can any1 translate what the 9 mark partt meant plz?? Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

How many pages did people write for the stair? Only managed bout a page and a quarter...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

haha how weird is dat u did almost every question i did....in the same order!! Except i actually did oiche nollag.... can any1 translate what the 9 mark partt meant plz?? Thanks!! :)

Haha nice.. And that's why I didn't do Oíche Nollaig.. I thing meon is the same as dearcadh (viewpoint) or the way he's feeling about death and all but I didn't want to risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

HL

F'd up An Triail.
    Forgot Lig Sinn's main character's name (feckin Martín)
    Rest was class though
    Waffled the Stair cos we've never done it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Higher - I thought the paper was deadly. I'd heard Lig Sinn was probs coming up, still didn't have all that much to say on it, but I was more prepared to bull**** than I might've been. The poems were savage, Oìche Nollaig, Faoiseamh & Bìmse Buan!? All my faves. So happy to see 'em! :D Scothscèalta was grand too, Teatrarc na Gaililì ftw! Pàidìn Mhàire came up too which was nice.

That said, I feel as though I completely fkd it up. The paper couldn't have been more right for me, but I just didn't write well enough (imo, anyway). I dunno. I really want to do well in this, so hopefully I did enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Really happy with it! Don't want to get my hopes up though...

Did...
    Stair : An Ruraíocht, Caitlín Maude (love her!) + Áine Ní Ghlinn (so annoyed about the Aisling Pholatiúil, didn't know any of those other options, but at least the poets I knew came up...)
    Prós : Clare sa Spéir, grand! Wrote a bit over 2 pages about Eoin somehow.
    Lig Sinn i gCathú, this is actually my favourite story so I was happy, wrote about An Garraíodóir and Monsignór de Bláca, grand! Would have preferred if that was the 25 mark question though, could have written more.
    Prós Breise : which was A Thig Ná Tit Orm for me, so happy about this. The bit I was dreading the most and turned out to be the best. Wrote 3 pages about the life in the gaeltacht during his youth. Handy!
    Dánta Pass : Gealt and Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa, can't get much better. Went a bit waffly for the latter though, because there's only so much you can say about such a simple poem...
    Dánta Breise : Oíche Nollaig na mBan! Only poem I studied in any detail last night (was wrecked), so I'm happy. Rambled a shade in the 20 marker, wrote about 2.5 pages of... I'm not entirely sure. Talking about symbols and stuff and how they relate to death. God only knows.

And so I was finished with about 30 minutes to spare. Considered doing more Stair, but I was wrecked, so I fled.

Advertisement