Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL) - Preshow Discussion

Options
  • 09-06-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Did anybody see the snipet in the indo.s business section on sunday,aparently the apprentice is coming to our shores! a TV3 production!
    its probably gonna be ****e! a couple of scummers,boggers,d4s and tards competing for the job! not 2 sure how is taking mr sugars position!
    betcha he wont use the infamous phrase-' your sacked'
    cant wait to see this piece of ****e!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

itd be ben dunne or someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Michael O'Leary maybe - That will be 7 euro for a "Being Fired" Surcharge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

scholes19 wrote: »
    Did anybody see the snipet in the indo.s business section on sunday,aparently the apprentice is coming to our shores! a TV3 production!
    its probably gonna be ****e! a couple of scummers,boggers,d4s and tards competing for the job! not 2 sure how is taking mr sugars position!
    betcha he wont use the infamous phrase-' your sacked'
    cant wait to see this piece of ****e!

Unless you're illiterate then it clearly stated in the Indo who Alan Sugar was, it's Bill Cullen. Also, the phrase is "You're Fired" which almost all English speaking bosses on the show are contractually obliged to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Wheels wrote: »
    Unless you're illiterate then it clearly stated in the Indo who Alan Sugar was, it's Bill Cullen. Also, the phrase is "You're Fired" which almost all English speaking bosses on the show are contractually obliged to use.

Whats the bests one of the firsts tasks will be selling Apples on Moore Street...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

scholes19 wrote: »
    its probably gonna be ****e! a couple of scummers,boggers,d4s and tards competing for the job! cant wait to see this piece of ****e!

That's more or less what it brought to my mind as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wheels wrote: »

Can never take Bill Cullen seriously since Gift Grub's Dr Bill ripped the pish out of him.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Can never take Bill Cullen seriously since Gift Grub's Dr Bill ripped the pish out of him.:D
    Week 7: This week the candidates have to manufacture, market and distribute an upmarket coddle to the farmers markets of South County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bill Cullen is Ireland's answer to Sir Alan Sugar and Donald Trump.

The Irish Version of the hit BBC/NBC series has been commissioned by TV3.

I think Ben Dunne would be more suitable and better known to take on this job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus, leave it out.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Everything I know about Bill Cullen I learnt from Gift Grub, indeed and I did.

• Advertisement

I dont think Ben Dunne and the showbiz lifestyle mixes very well;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I dont think Ben Dunne and the showbiz lifestyle mixes very well

Let his past be forgotten. He would be far better then bill cullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

why oh why oh why didn't they get michael o'leary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Or Roy Keane....im sure his selection policy for new players for Sunderland isn't as thorough as the apprentice after witnessing some of the turkeys he signed......

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

tbh wrote: »
    why oh why oh why didn't they get michael o'leary
    Cos there's no way O'Leary would ever pay the winner a six figure salary!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Cos there's no way O'Leary would ever pay the winner a six figure salary!
    Well he might, but he'd deduct the cost of the light and heat for their office, coffee in the canteen....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Was Bill Cullen the head of BT Ireland back when it was EsatBT?

Was Bill Cullen the head of BT Ireland back when it was EsatBT?

I think you are thinking of Denis O'Brien, I used to work for him before.... Gas man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do you think it will outclass Jade Goody's PA programme?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Bill Cullen started off as a 16 year old Ford (I think) used car salesman, eventually took over his garage at 23 (I think) then expanded to a number of Dublin garages, then when the franchise for Renault in Ireland came on the market with 40million debt in tow he bought it for a pound and developed it into huge profits which he pocketed when he sold on the license (or something to that effect) two or three years ago. Not sure what he does now, but hes a similar story to Alan Sugar in that he worked his way up for his city centre boyhood etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's got "Car Crash TV" written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stock market crash you mean! :pac:

Recession TV, TV3s timing is perfect.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Hey folks,

TV3 have just announced that they will be running an Irish version of 'The Apprentice' with Bill Cullen doing the firing.

Do people think that you could possibly get a decent job out of this or would you just end up another reality tv loser?

(Mods- feel free to move to work and jobs or tv, I didn't think it fitted properly into either, more of a general discussion)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

TV3 doing a version of a foreign show: FAIL

EDIT- TV3: FAIL

Who is Bill Cullen?

And I came on to say 'FAIL' as well, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

"You're fecked out the door!" has a nice ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Myth wrote: »
    Who is Bill Cullen?

And I came on to say 'FAIL' as well, heh.

He owns Renault Ireland.

To be honest, if they couldn't get JP or a Smurfit it's automatic fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I think the irish one will be great, I don't think there's really many (if any) entrepreneurs as interesting as Bill Cullen, he's one of those incredibly rare people who could do anything he wanted, ie. a winner.

Heard him say on the radio that this series will be better than the english one as the English contestants are all chancers and the irish are generally more motivated.

I reckon he'd make it an interesting show, and tbh what makes the Apprentice so good is that the format is actually interesting and based on real-life, unlike all other reality tv shows. I'd say it'll be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Even though its been answered....who the FCUK is Bill fcuking Cullen?!!

SPEND MONEY ON GOOD TV!!!! ASSHOLES

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement