Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL) - Preshow Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

http://www.tv3.ie/features.php?action=view&id=53

I checked it out and it says nothing about getting a job from this in fact it says nothing much at all.

TV3 = fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

bill cullen is a complete pr1ck. he is so full of BS.

they should have got michael o'leary to do it. that would be hilarious. he would have them working on check-in desks and serving drinks on the planes. the first contestamt to mention 'the union' gets fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Extraplus wrote: »
    Hey folks,

TV3 have just announced that they will be running an Irish version of 'The Apprentice' with Bill Cullen doing the firing.

Do people think that you could possibly get a decent job out of this or would you just end up another reality tv loser?

(Mods- feel free to move to work and jobs or tv, I didn't think it fitted properly into either, more of a general discussion)

One word ... GROAN ... I certainly won't be setting the DVR for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

board om wrote: »
    bill cullen is a complete pr1ck. he is so full of BS.

they should have got michael o'leary to do it. that would be hilarious. he would have them working on check-in desks and serving drinks on the planes. the first contestamt to mention 'the union' gets fired.

I would be very surprised if he was offered it, that he would turn it down. Michael O'Leary the media whore that he is turn down free publicity :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

The press release blurb says;

'They will win a 12 month contract working alongside Bill with a package worth €100,000.'

Bill Cullen is an idiot alright but I think the idea behind using him is that he is a 'self made man' etc, similar to Alan Sugar.

There was actually talk of O'Leary doing it about 2 years ago but it never happened. I think he would have been great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Who wants to be a millionaire?
    The weakest link...............

I'm getting a nasty sense of deja vu here.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Any time that the Irish shows rip off an established programme it's a joke.

Remember "Who wants to be a millionaire", the €500 question was like the £32,000 question in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

And that celebrity farm shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They should get Tom Dunne, pretending to be Bill Cullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

When I saw this in the Irish Times I almost hurled! I know that I will watch some of it but it'll will definitely be absolute rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I might watch it, if only just to laugh at the contestants. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'd watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Anyone know how or when to apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

spillcoe wrote: »
    Anyone know how or when to apply?

There you go:

http://www.tv3.ie/features.php?action=view&id=53

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

e4c2ecc6d1d35eae7f72993b8c200e8f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If the threads merge can we keep my title :) please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Aww, no! I've no interest in Bill Cullen whatsoever (apart for the gift grub skits) why cant they get decent people for shows in Ireland. Who in their right mind would wanna be 'Bill Cullens Apprentice'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mergie Mergie.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

One of Dr Bill's (The Pushup King of Ireland, dont you know?) "advisors" on the show is Jackie Lavin, ex model and "successful" businesswoman.... better known as his missus.

God Help us all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Sherifu wrote: »
    e4c2ecc6d1d35eae7f72993b8c200e8f.jpg

Thats denis o'brien..^^^^^^^^^^^^

Below is Bill Cullen

cullen.jpg

Bill was on Newstalk at lunchtime promoting the show and telling us what we can expect. He said that he is going to be very different to Trump/Sugar because he's an encourager. Essentially, people will be fired, but they'll have something like an exit interview where they'll be told what they could have done differently (rather than saying "You f**ked up - get out"). They can then take these lessons to their next job.

A nasty board room is the best part of Trump/Sugar's apprentice, so I don't like the sound of this.

Its starting in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Mr E wrote: »
    Bill was on Newstalk at lunchtime promoting the show and telling us what we can expect. He said that he is going to be very different to Trump/Sugar because he's an encourager. Essentially, people will be fired, but they'll have something like an exit interview where they'll be told what they could have done differently (rather than saying "You f**ked up - get out"). They can then take these lessons to their next job.

A nasty board room is the best part of Trump/Sugar's apprentice, so I don't like the sound of this.

Its starting in September.

AWWW, no........he's not going to do it that way is he?
    This show has RUBBISH written all over it. Dreadfull, dreadful muck......the wrong figurehead (BC is a tosser) - and if its going to be an exit interview way of doing things - then its obvious who's up for the boot, - the person being exit interviewed.........DREADFUL STUFF.
    It'll be like the way martha steward fires people in the states.........instead of grilling them and pointing the finger and firing them - she lets them go by way of a nice letter.............:confused: awwww, FFS.

remember - this show is being brought to us by Shinawil, the same shower of muppets who brought us You're a star" - It'll suck!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Mr E wrote: »

This approach was tried already in the states with Martha Stewart and it failed miserably. She never used the "fired" word when letting people go and she used to write sacked candidates a letter wishing them well in their future career! The Martha Stewart Apprentice got terrible ratings and was cancelled after one season. People want to see a Trump or a Sugar lambasting idiots and not encouraging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Quality wrote: »
    Thats denis o'brien..^^^^^^^^^^^^

Below is Bill Cullen

cullen.jpg
    I know, I want DO'B.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

TV3. Bill Cullen.

This is bound to be terrible.:D

Bill will be on the Last Word on TodayFM after 6pm.
    I'm sure it will be streamable afterwards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

the commissioning johnny needs to understand that we don't watch The Apprentice for the career advice, we watch it to see arrogant prats make fools of themselves and then being humiliated by someone we respect.

It's a fairly simple formula :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

tbh wrote: »
    the commissioning johnny needs to understand that we don't watch The Apprentice for the career advice, we watch it to see arrogant prats make fools of themselves and then humiliated by someone we respect.

It's a fairly simple formula :D

Exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I find it hilarious that people in this thread are coming on calling Bill Cullen useless and a twat...he is richer than you, you bloody morons and has actually accomplished something in his life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement