Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salads

• 10-06-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Couple of questions...

After writing the dreaded thesis Ive finally copped on to the bad eating habits Ive fallen into and am trying to address it and loose the stone and a half I managed to put on..! Exercising everyday, and feeling better for it, dinner and breakfast are straightforward, just concerned about lunch..

Where is a good place in Dublin city centre to buy salads? recently started work there and finding all the options for lunch a bit daunting

What are the best ones to opt for...tuna, prawn, chicken...? Im thinking low cal here... is it permissable to put a little dressing on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

We've a good salad bar in work, so I've not been myself, but I've heard good things about Blazing Salads - you have to go with a name like that. I think it'd on Parliment St or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

I find Marks and Spencers great for Salads. They do a great range, and they have their "Count on Us" range too - which would usually be about the 300 cal mark. They do sushi, fruit salads and other snacky things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

def blazing salads for me. it's on the street at the back of the georges arcade. it's all vegan but damn tasty. not a drop of mayonnaise in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

It's all vegan? Screw that - i hereby remove my endorsement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Not something I normally do, but I'm putting in a vote here for McDonalds. Their side salad is 13 calories per bowl (plus dressing) and it's usually fresh and crunchy. Their grilled chicken salad is a good way to get in plenty of protein without too much fat or junk. If you can, get them to cook the chicken fresh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement