Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Funeral, what you gonna do

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

When my time is nearing, I'm off to Greenland. Going to charter a Cessna (I can fly aircraft), fly out into the deepest glacial field I can find and take a walk. They'll thaw me out thousands of years in the future and use advanced magi-science to reconstruct me (or just clone me from my DNA).

Either way, Sonderval will be back in action! Yeah baby!

Of course, global warming is messing up my well thought out plan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've always liked the idea of planting a tree or flowers (vegetables?) on top of the area I'm buried. Then as I decompose, my body will fertilise the plant and help it grow :) Reincarnation ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Dave man, I think you need a bit more practice at the aul' atheism...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Damn I must be getting rusty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'm gonna donate my body to medicine/science, and when they're done with it I don't care....but if I had to choose I'd have the remains of my remains cremated and then compressed into a diamond and worn by a loved one as a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    What are yee gonna do?
    Dunno, probably just lie there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

As I see it the primary role of a funeral is to allow family and friends to grieve. It matters far more to me that the people I care about are comforted and reassured than any faint wishes I have. If that includes any religious ceremony, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Dave! wrote: »
    Damn I must be getting rusty :p

Hedging your bets more like.

Booya!

Advertisement