Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 3G!! what do u guys think?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

let me just say i was waiting for the 2.0 s/w release only to find out it wont b till july!! gutted.. 3g phone dont seem great!! i wont be upgrading till the camera gets a major seeing too and the cut copy and paste functionality is built in.. also the 3g price plans will be more expensive.. any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Seems ok. I probably wont get one though, never really use 3g on the phone I do have. The plastic back is a downgrade from the metal imo. The camera on the current gen seems good enough as far as I can tell.

o2 uk are supposedly doing PAYG iPhone 3Gs soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

the camera is fine if the subject your shooting is still.. if it moves forget it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I don't think it's worth the money to be honest. Yes, Apple made a great product in the iPhone but the whole touch-screen only interface leaves me wanting for a more tactile approach. Roll on the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth the money to be honest.

Have Apple revealed exactly how much it will be? it's not on the apple site.

Passenger wrote: »
    Have Apple revealed exactly how much it will be? it's not on the apple site.

i think its going to be 299.. i have the 1st gen iphone and am totally delighted with it bar the camera.. ill be waiting for the 3rd gen before i upgrade..

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    i think its going to be 299.. i have the 1st gen iphone and am totally delighted with it bar the camera.. ill be waiting for the 3rd gen before i upgrade..

I take it you don't miss MMS or did you download one of the 3rd party apps as a stop-gap?

I find it so funny that Apple could do certain things so great with the iPhone, such as a robust OS, fast menu navigation, multi-touch, and then others so bad, like the lack of MMS and 3G, a 2MP camera, high price, exclusive network deals etc.

Apple definitely took a page out of Nokia’s book for sure with the iPhone. Release an almost complete handset to earn some money, then release the completed version afterwards with huge fanfare as if they just created the wheel. Nokia did it with so many handsets e.g. 6230 -6230i, 6630 - 6680, N95 - N95 8GB.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I take it you don't miss MMS or did you download one of the 3rd party apps as a stop-gap?

I find it so funny that Apple could do certain things so great with the iPhone, such as a robust OS, fast menu navigation, multi-touch, and then others so bad, like the lack of MMS and 3G, a 2MP camera, high price, exclusive network deals etc.

Apple definitely took a page out of Nokia’s book for sure with the iPhone. Release an almost complete handset to earn some money, then release the completed version afterwards with huge fanfare as if they just created the wheel. Nokia did it with so many handsets e.g. 6230 -6230i, 6630 - 6680, N95 - N95 8GB.

ya actually i do miss the mms do u know where i can find one of those 3rd party apps for mms? only other problem i have is the caching in safari oh and how safari crashes when you have alot going on.. at work we have a wifi network and at home so i dont really miss the 3g aspect.. all in all i think the good heavily outweighs the bad..

ya actually i do miss the mms do u know where i can find one of those 3rd party apps for mms? only other problem i have is the caching in safari oh and how safari crashes when you have alot going on.. at work we have a wifi network and at home so i dont really miss the 3g aspect.. all in all i think the good heavily outweighs the bad..

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I wouldn't be able to however as I find it hard enough to keep my K850i screen free of fingerprints so god knows how long I'd spend cleaning the iPhone!

I've pm'd you a link regarding an MMS app for your iPhone.

i bought the clear screen protecter and a half decent pouch so my screen is still like new..

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Really can't see the novelty. Great for the US who are way behind in phone tech.

2mp camera, no mms, touchsceen junk, expensive, fixed operator bla bla!

Nokia N95 is way ahead of it. I'm waiting for the new samsung to be released in the next few months with a 8 mp camera, projector + all the usual extras.

• Advertisement

nacimroc wrote: »
    Really can't see the novelty. Great for the US who are way behind in phone tech.

2mp camera, no mms, touchsceen junk, expensive, fixed operator bla bla!

Nokia N95 is way ahead of it. I'm waiting for the new samsung to be released in the next few months with a 8 mp camera, projector + all the usual extras.

why dont u just buy a camera if your so worried about that aspect..
    touchscreen is excellent
    nokias are always v v expensive on release..

i agree about the mms but never send mms txts anyway.. v rarely..
    also agree about the fixed operator..

why dont u just buy a camera if your so worried about that aspect..
    touchscreen is excellent
    nokias are always v v expensive on release..

i agree about the mms but never send mms txts anyway.. v rarely..
    also agree about the fixed operator..

It looks as though, if the rumours are true, that the iPhone will be receiving MMS functionality with the release of firmware 2.0

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Its so expensive that I just cant justify it. The price of the phone isnt too bad but you really do get stung over the following 18 months or so.
    Think Ill stick with my k800i and ipod touch for now.

Its so expensive that I just cant justify it. The price of the phone isnt too bad but you really do get stung over the following 18 months or so.
    Think Ill stick with my k800i and ipod touch for now.

If you have an iPod touch then you have the best features of the iPhone. Good choice of handset by the way; I had a K800i last year and loved it ;)

Advertisement