Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for making a post on a <snip>thread

Options
  • 10-06-2008 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Today was my first time to post in the music section but I was so angry at Prince I thought that was the place to go.

So I found a thread already on the go and voiced my anger at the cancellation only to get a pm saying I'm banned:eek:
    Hi

You have been banned from Gigs/Events for 2 weeks for discussing an MCD event.

PM me in 2 weeks to have the ban lifted

Kev.

Firstly I have no Idea who MCD are and have absolutely no Idea what they have to do with Prince. the only connection I could find was in a sticky saying
    "In light of legal proceedings issued by MCD, we have been advised that there is to be no further discussion of MCD or events hosted by MCD."

Nowhere did I read that I'd be banned from anywhere from discussing Prince.

I post on a lot of boards and I can't believe how quick this place is with bans:(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

read the sticky at the top of the forum, well its in every forum at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977422

You're meant to read the stickies at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm gonna assume that the artist in question is being promoted by that particular company.

Acts/venues etc related to that company are a no no on boards = ban. There are stickies everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You didn't read the list of banned gigs under the 'Discusson of MCD events/venues=Banned.' thread. That is your own fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement