Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed regarding info on transfer into Pharmacy..

• 10-06-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey jst wondering if anyone can help!!
    I'm currently studying Chemistry of Pharmaceutical Compounds..and plan to finish the degree...I've heard when finished,you can transfer to Aberdeen for an extra three years to get a pharmacy degree?!!...do you know of any other colleges which have this option or has anyone gone to Aberdeen to do this?!!...if so any info would be greatly appreciated on how you go about it!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yes you can do this, I think it will take four years though and not three (shouldn't be any fees though), but I imagine you can also go to several UK colleges to do the same thing, although I've heard that Aberdeen is a great city, and I've talked to a few people who went there and they all love it, they make me regret chickening out of going there at the last minute after my Leaving Cert

Check out these websites

www.ucas.co.uk
    (the English equivalent of the CAO, you will need to apply here, usually you are then given a conditional offer from the college where you will get a place subject to getting certain results in your degree)

www.rgu.ac.uk
    (Robert Gordon University, the college in Aberdeen where you can study pharmacy)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

Hey...thanks a mill for the info!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You're welcome, if you have any more questions i'll try to answer them as I have been to a few open days for the Pharmacy school in RGU as I had intended to go there and was accepted

Advertisement