Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spainish student

Options
  • 10-06-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi thinking of getting a student for July - anyone have one last year? do many stay in charlesland?? any advice appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Ive seen them as far south as Kilcoole and Newcastle. (using the bus)

One of the main language schools is across the Homeland in Bray.

Short term to long term (1 month to 12), €160pw approx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

we've always had a student here at home. I'm guessing that those students in July will be from the Elians school where we get ours.

They're grand, rarely in the house, literally just a place to eat (sometimes) and sleep... a lot of them don't want to try to speak english though which can be quite annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

Do you have to declare this money to the tax man as additional income?

Just wondered............?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

thanks a mill gonna ring Elians in Bray today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Nope, I don't think you do, my Mum always just gets the cheque in the post and lodges it!

With Elians, the thing is that they can be a bit touch and go in regards to their behaviour. We have had some really good ones but some really bold one (our bold student this week stole half a bottle of whiskey, half alitre of vodka, a bottle of blackcurrant liquer and half a bottle of schnapps!!). Don't let it put you off, we get the 9 month students who are sent to school here and it seems like they're all lazy in regards to school. We used to get the July ones when I was younger and they were always grand!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

She might just lodge the cheque BUT should she by law declare it?

Does it fall under the rent a room scheme so not taxable up to a certain level of income?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

She might just lodge the cheque BUT should she by law declare it?

Does it fall under the rent a room scheme so not taxable up to a certain level of income?

It comes under rent a room relief!!! As this is what your doing really, So bascially its ok once you dont earn over €10k pa from it, so i have been reliably informed but dont quote me if tax man comes calling :D

Advertisement