Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beer gardens

Options
  • 10-06-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

i for one think there is a serious lack of them in galway and have only found a few so i want suggestions of the best ones if ye have any...cos if by the grace of god this weather last till the wekend i want to go to one

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

O'Connells on the Square has a nice one although you need to keep properly positioned to maximise solar efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are a few around I know - Cottage, Crowes/Tonnerys, Jurys, Rabbitts, Huntsman, Sheridans on Docks, Warwicks, Sallys, ....

Plenty (kinda) of outdoor seating along Shop Street.

Which ones did you find OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Cottage and Jury's are the most comfortable I find..
    Can't beat a pint bottle of Bulmers in the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Robbo wrote: »
    O'Connells on the Square.

Truth, plus it has the classy outdoor toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Spanish Arch FTW!

or O Connells. Actually only started going in there recently, really nice in back quiet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Bizaar's is alright if you don't mind standing.

Crowes in Bohermore is good especially with the summer bbq's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

biko wrote: »
    There are a few around I know - Cottage, Crowes/Tonnerys, Jurys, Rabbitts, Huntsman, Sheridans on Docks, Warwicks, Sallys, ....

Plenty (kinda) of outdoor seating along Shop Street.

Which ones did you find OP?

o connells is the one that stands out the most ..i only found the bit with the grass a week ago through a former barfly how was back from dub

also the blue note but aint sure if it is a smokin shed or a beer garden although it has weeds growin on the roof:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Well I guess you could say that the Small Crane is one for the Crane :cool: Very spacious, although littered with cars.

Every time I walk past Jurys and there are people in there, it feels like I'm at the zoo looking at the animals. Have been tempted to point and comment "hey, that one's got a big nose" to my mates, more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

the best beer garden in galway by a long shot is killorans near dangan. out of the way but serve good food, have barbecue for summer, pool table, juke box and large function room if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

the best beer garden in galway by a long shot is killorans near dangan. out of the way but serve good food, have barbecue for summer, pool table, juke box and large function room if you need it.

I think you mean kelehans, was gonna suggest it myself aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement