Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon treaty Signs

• 10-06-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a member of a small craft group in Waterford and we're interested in getting some of the Lisbon treaty signs after Thursday so that we can recycle and reuse them to promote our craft fairs. I emailed two of the Parties to ask permission and didn't hear anything back.
    Does anyone know who will be taking them down and would there be a problem if we took a few on Friday? We're only looking for around ten and I'm sure they're all going to some recycling facility somewhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just take them down yourself. Plenty of people have done it in the past and I doubt anyones going to care.

I thought they recycled them anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Yes, I think they are all recycled. I'm going out on Friday morning and I'm going to take some down. I just thought I would ask around first and I gather they would be delighted to see a few taken down, less for them to bother with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

They may hold onto them for a while. It may go to a second vote.

Just kidding. If you are taking a few posters, take som from each side.
    That way no-one can accuse you of anything political.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Or take them down on Friday morning.

Gardaí will just think you're being paid by the party to do it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Isnt there a blanket ban on all media tonight at midnight? Whats stopping them being taken down after that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sully wrote: »
    Isnt there a blanket ban on all media tonight at midnight? Whats stopping them being taken down after that?

Well posters aren't the media. Or are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Have to say I saw the best lisbon sign up in Ballsbridge today. The caption was something along the lines "dont vote for another turkey in europe...vote no" , accompanied by a gobbly turkey pic!
    Certainly gave me a chuckle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

The one with the monkeys is very clever too

Advertisement