Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alone in The Dark

• 10-06-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

What do you all reckon?

Best 360 single player game of the summer?

Anyone getting the special edition?
    http://img.game.co.uk/images/productpages/aitd360.jpg

Personally from looking at the tech demos that have been posted up over the past few months its looks very good.

The game is due out friday week the 20th.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cant wait for this one :) Tech demos look good but hopefully gameplay will be as good :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks class!!!

Will be getting this one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yeah looks sweet, i like the way you can interact loads with the environment & objects. Hopefully we won't be let down come release day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Been looking forward to this one for a while. The last tech demo looks particularly impressive. It's either this or BFBC at the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Really looking forward to this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Could be good alright and creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Read it there, the problems they highlighted wernt that bad though in all fairness. And the first page and a half of the review is really positive.

Im still going to buy.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Im still going to buy.

Yup, me too! Eurogamer are always harsher than other sites anyway....

Your correct there Mountain Lips..... Unless its a Halo game and there is money involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Came into stock today, I salivated over the cover for a good 20 minutes! Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Yes, been looking forward to this one for a long time. Hopefully I can get a decent trade in on Assassins and Mass Effect for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Would this be anything like 'Dreamfall: The longest Journey'

Loved that game.

Would this be anything like 'Dreamfall: The longest Journey'

Loved that game.

Not really man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

It's out tomorrow, woo! So buying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Anyone know if there is going to be a playable demo for it?

Doubt it Jester buy hey, you never know. Ill be buying a few pair of clean jocks over the weekend for this :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Doubt it Jester buy hey, you never know. Ill be buying a few pair of clean jocks over the weekend for this :p

Ewww :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Looks good and might tie me over somewhat until Resi 5 but I'm not going to go buy it this weekend full price.

Cause Im poor.

Anybody who has got it, care to put up the price and first impressions please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

if you can do me a favour and up up some average scores? Can't access any xbox sites in work! Had a fun debacle in the video shop yesterday as they nearly sold me a copy which apparently was a MAJOR DRAMA! Gonna buy it on way home if its any use!

Thanks,
    R

if you can do me a favour and up up some average scores? Can't access any xbox sites in work! Had a fun debacle in the video shop yesterday as they nearly sold me a copy which apparently was a MAJOR DRAMA! Gonna buy it on way home if its any use!

Thanks,
    R

Taken from Metacritic, it has an average score of 64 at the moment from 4 reviews:

• Xbox World 360 Magazine UK (73)
      • As much as Alone In The Dark deserves to be criticised for its problems, it equally deserves to be lavished with praise for some outstanding ideas and set-pieces. A gracious failure, AITD should stand as a lesson for other developers to see what they should be striving for.
    • EuroGamer (70)
      • You want to love it, but it just keeps letting you down, and in the end that's the impression that sticks to the wall and stays there.
    • X360 Magazine UK (60)
      • We so wanted to like this game but it kept slapping us in the face with bad controls, repetitive puzzles and the annoying inventory. [Issue#34]
    • Gamer.nl (50)
      • The game can be compared to an agressive puppy without potty-training. You want to keep him so badly, but everytime it seems to go right, it bites, scratches and sh.ts on your carpet.

Think I need a demo for this before I decide!

I cant either but the general consensus is..

--Its fairly short

--The controls are quite bad

--The atmosphere/mystery is very good.

--The episodic format works well

--Some people have noticed a few glitches.

Average Score: Around the Mid 70's

I still cant wait though, I can cope with ****e controls once the atmosphere is good.

Edit: All them reviewers keep saying the same thing (that they wanted to like it)
    Think I may end up feeling the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Its gotten at least two 3/10s, and Atari have threatened to sue said sites unless they take the reviews down.
    I was looking forward to it but will be giving it a miss now.

LOL What review site/mag gave them thw 3's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Edit: All them reviewers keep saying the same thing (that they wanted to like it)
    Think I may end up feeling the same.

I've got the perfect solution. I'm expecting it to be bad. So I'll either be happy that it's bad and I'm right, or I'll be happy that it's good. I can't lose!

humanji wrote: »
    I've got the perfect solution. I'm expecting it to be bad. So I'll either be happy that it's bad and I'm right, or I'll be happy that it's good. I can't lose!

You could lose €50 that could be spent on a better game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Who says I'm paying for it? ;)

Actually, I'm half tempted to try for the special addition. For some bizarre reason, I've lately taken to collecting the little models that come with them (it was the Big Daddy from Bioshock that did it for me).

humanji wrote: »
    Who says I'm paying for it? ;)

Actually, I'm half tempted to try for the special addition. For some bizarre reason, I've lately taken to collecting the little models that come with them (it was the Big Daddy from Bioshock that did it for me).

I won't ask ;)

I finally got round to ordering Bioshock, should be arriving in the post today or tomorrow at the latest so that's my weekend sorted :)

• Advertisement

I just wanna burn stuff in the game at this point, even if the game turns out to be barry white at least ill get to play with fire!

Advertisement