Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alone in The Dark

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Team Xbox gave it 4.2/10

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1526/Alone-in-the-Dark/p1/

I'll be avoiding this one I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bloody controls really make a mess of the game. The presentation and atmosphere in the game is excellent. The controls just really f'n mess it up. It's a shame. I still plan to soldier on through it but I was actually screaming at the bloody game today. Part on Chapt 3 where the floor in the sewers tries to eat you. Urgh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Only just finished the second chapter and am enjoying it so far. Some of the review scores seem a bit harsh but that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

i second that, only just fininshed the first chapter...

the graphics are sweet, my only gripe is the way it switches between 1st and 3rd person for sections and doesnt switch back automatically...

some good new idea's but could have been honed a bit more before they released it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

chrislad wrote: »
    screaming at the bloody game today. Part on Chapt 3 where the floor in the sewers tries to eat you. Urgh!

Yeah that was well annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

is anyone else having a problem saving the game?

it doesnt seems to matter where in the level i save it, it puts me back at the start of the episode when i turn the xbox back on, but its fine if i dont power it off....??

any idea's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just bought the game.....and have to say after playing the 1st 2 chapters, I am dissappointed....

Mainly because the controls are terrible.....the driving controls and handling are the worst ever, you have to see it to believe how bad it is...

Stick with it. Once you get to Chapter 3, you start getting used to the controls and it picks up a bit. Personally, I had no issues with the driving controls, just the physics where a tree may not stop you but a twig on the road would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Ronan wrote: »
    OMG - Whoever decided not to put a save point in the driving sequence to the park should be shot!!

Any chance you guys could use SPOILER tags in the future please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

chrislad wrote: »
    Part on Chapt 3 where the floor in the sewers tries to eat you. Urgh!

SERIOUSLY!! Not that hard!!
    [/ SPOILER]...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well you've just dragged up a 2 month old thread and highlighted the spoilers that most people would have missed by now - myself included (the first wasn't even a spoiler!)

Gob****e.

In a related news event, isn't there a patch due that fixes the controls and camera? I would highly recommend the game if these issues are fixed. As things were, bar the annoying parts I've already mentioned, I really enjoyed the game and would have no hassle recommending it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, the PS3 version is supposed to iron out a lot of the issues. Apparently they'll be releasing a patch for the 360 version at around the same time.
    Played the demo and wasn't all that impressed thanks to the controls... Might be tempted to pick it up once the patch comes out

Advertisement