Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are mods allowed give personal abuse?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055310302
    Moriarty wrote:
    You're an idiot.

Further, you're an idiot posting on the internet mulling over committing a crime. That takes a special kind of idiot.

Don't post this sort of thing again in here please.

I'm not interested in peoples opinions on whether or not I'm an idiot, just what they think about a mod blatantly breaking the rules.

How do you report abuse to a mod who himself commited the abuse?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No, he shouldnt have called you an idiot.

What you are suggesting is idiotic though.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Right so how do I report him? He's the mod. Usual scenario in my experience is that the offender gets banned for a week.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I suggest you leave this alone, its a warning for the user at worst.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well I think you should contact the Gardi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Get over it. He called you an 'idiot', which is pretty much deserved given your suggestion - hardly an abuse of power....more an enlightenment? ;)

It's the internet, I don't think that gets said enough around here.....honestly, this is not remotely deserving of a thread called 'personal abuse'.... Talk about E-PC.

• Advertisement

No sorry I'm not going to leave it alone. I want a warning put on the thread (which he swiftly closed after his comments) and/or an apology.

I want a Ferrari. I believe I am entitled to one.

I will edit the comment, beyond that you are on your own.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Soon , I think Dev you will have to start spoon feeding people again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead would like to report Moriarty for the appalling use of grammar in his post. Shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Was that thread serious?

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

grammer fail!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Gegerty wrote: »
    No sorry I'm not going to leave it alone. I want a warning put on the thread (which he swiftly closed after his comments) and/or an apology.
    The answer to your first question of how to report it, come here. Which you did. Or you could have just reported the post and see what happened, but thats moot. Youre here now.

The mod will have closed the thread to prevent the discussion going further (it was an idiotic discussion, imho) and I presume to prevent an discussion like this taking place in the thread.

You took it to feedback, and the highest authority in this place has told you to leave it be, that the worst which would happen is a warning to the abuser. So thats pretty much it.

When correcting people I think its probably a good idea to spell the words correctly TF.

This thread burned twice as bright but only half as long and will close, shortly.

Dev.

Just to be clear, I have also edited the comment.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I'm not suprised he closed it and i am sure it had nothing to do with his comments but to prevent the onslaught of abuse and/or slagging that surely would have ensued when other people read your question.

You are taking it way too personally, he and the other posters may have prevented you getting into a whole heap of trouble.

I've been called worse, water, ducks back, internet. Does it really matter that much?

His opinion is you are an idiot, as you asked a stupid question, perhaps you will get a retraction, or he may rephrase it, but i wouldnt look for an apology

Its only slander if its not true ;)

Edit: DeVore has fixed it - all better now?

DeVore wrote: »
    When correcting people I think its probably a good idea to spell the words correctly TF.

This thread burned twice as bright but only half as long and will close, shortly.

Dev.

Can you please remove any reference to me being "idiotic". It's the same thing just worded different.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Moriarty wrote: »
    Thats is idiotic
    Just to be clear, I have also edited the comment.

DeV.
    Wouldn't be admitting to that, if Pighead were you.
    Just saying like.

I have concured that its not right, and I have edited the comment (slightly).

I'm not sure what else the OP wants.

A poem perhaps...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can you please remove any reference to me being "idiotic". It's the same thing just worded different.

Thanks.

Milk and two sugars ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

My post was deleted, who do i report this to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Thanks.

I doubt it, its not personal abuse now. They are calling your post and actions idiotic rather than calling you an idiot. It is the subtle differences between attacking the poster and attacking the post that make the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

would substituting the word 'criminal' for 'idiotic' satisfy you? IMO Moriarty hit the nail on the head.

[edit] Oh yeah - I'm one of those morons you were talking about btw :rolleyes:

Its more polite.

I'm not going to alter nor mask Moriarty's opinion of you. I just insist that its civil.

You are "being idiotic" is considerably different from "you are an idiot". I have, many times, been idiotic, but I do not consider myself an idiot.

DeV.

I have concured that its not right, and I have edited the comment (slightly).

I'm not sure what else the OP wants.

A poem perhaps...

DeV.

I want you to remove the personal insult, as per the rules everyone else has to abide by. Can you please remove all reference to me being idiotic. If you feel you need to put it in a poem then that would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yes but what sort of person would post and make idiotic actions......

Spoiler:
    Its not me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Boston wrote: »

The Gardai?

Boston wrote: »
    Me.

DeV.

Me.

DeV.
    And so we spiral towards heat, rather then light. I think we will stop there.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

stop .........

........ Grammer Time!

• Advertisement

I so rarely do this but OMFG people, the word is GRAMMAR.

Grammer is a place in Indiana, US.

Now, see what you've done!?

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement