Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you repeat the leaving?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Would you Repeat the Leaving

Would you repeat the LC? 68 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Cheeky monkeydelta214StrokesaShadow_1409nedwardBoozyBabeMars BarFitzoGretchenWienersSteakJSK 252Fol20alan4culteoin2ncPostman-Laylairish_boy90rossomGERMAN ROCKSYuugibmattfender 68 votes

Comments

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

myth wrote: »
    no.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

I would never repeat the leaving in a million years....its such a fukn waste of time!!
    If I dont get the points I need im doing a PLC not a notion would I repeat1!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

No
    If you need to you should.It's only a year and could help you become what you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

A PLC is only a year, way easier and you can get up to 400 points in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    +1
    haha make that +2!!
    I would never repeat the leaving in a million years....its such a fukn waste of time!!
    If I dont get the points I need im doing a PLC not a notion would I repeat1!
    I quite agree with you there, theres backways into just about everything if you're willing to spend enough time doing it! :P
    If you need to you should.It's only a year and could help you become what you want

But some people do see it as the best option so i wouldnt diss it altogether, ill just say it wouldn't be for me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

No
    i am note sure...if i fail maths what other choice would i have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I couldn't do it to myself again. I always knew I never wanted to repeat, after watching people go through it once it's bad enough, so I'm pretty sure I haven't failed now. If I don't get the 350 or so points I need to get the lowest points course I want, then I'm probably not set to be a scientist, and I'll go and become a penniless artist, living on the streets.

But yeah. There are always other roots. If the other roots don't work, you can always apply to college as a mature student. Once is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

NO! I really can't ever see myself doing it all over again.. EVER... I'll take my lowest choice before ever repeating

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

I'd rather work in shell garage for the rest of my life! Couldn;t do it again, I know it'd be of no use to me, I just don't have the right mind set to repeat. I'd resent every second I was there even more than I did before!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

No way. I just couldn't do it. All the stressing and all the work...
    No if I don't get my first choice than I'll live with it and just take my second, etc.
    Thankfully I like al the options I put down.
    But no, I wouldn't repeat the leaving, not an ice-cubes chance it hell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

No
    I would never want to repeat but if it was more positive to what i was going to do in life i would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Never! I only want to do a plc anyway, so I don't have any need to.
    If I decide to go to uni I can get into lots of courses with the plc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Where's the ''I just did'' option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

No way would I repeat.. I could never sit down and study the exact same dam subjects all over again. Repetition gets so incredibly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

No
    im currently repeating and it really isnt that bad.far easier the second time, is nowhere near as tedious and the year absolutely flies by.if u really want 2 do something its better 2 repeat 4 it next yr den doing sumting u dnt want 2do and find out years dwn de line ur a miserable old fool dat is stuck doing something they hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

rossom wrote: »
    im currently repeating and it really isnt that bad.far easier the second time, is nowhere near as tedious and the year absolutely flies by.if u really want 2 do something its better 2 repeat 4 it next yr den doing sumting u dnt want 2do and find out years dwn de line ur a miserable old fool dat is stuck doing something they hate!

Tell me about it. I was doing biotech in Maynooth after like a week i knew i hated it. If you hate something after a week then you're not gonna grow to love it. It's better to spend a year of your life repeating than spending 40 years in a job you despise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

i am note sure...if i fail maths what other choice would i have?

in the same boat, but if i do its Arts in UCC

no frickin way am i doin all this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

No

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

No
    I f I really messed up, which doesnt like likely now- I hope:p, I would repeat. But I drop Irish and English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

No
    I would if i didnt get my points or reqs. i wouldnt do a course i hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 florencexxx

Hell no. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

No
    I would repeat if I didn't get the points. It's just another year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

No
    If i don't get my C1 in french i'm repeating it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Not bragging or anything but my worst case scenario from this point with two subjects left is 400 points, which is still a good score - so no.

I wouldn't anyway as I did TY

I am currently repeating..

DON'T DO IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I always said I would never repeat either until it finally came down to it. I was short by 5 points for my course with 395. I knew I could have done much better so I repeated and it was the best decision of my life.

I felt more mature heading in to college and got lucky also as if I had passed the first time I would've had to move away for college but by the time the second time came around the course had been set up in UCC. It's great as you can tak up new subjects and it's much easier too as you've done most of the stuff before.

In the end I got 505 points have just finished 2nd year of college and I'm loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

No way in hell man.

I'm not one of those really ambitious types so if i didnt get my course, i'd choose something else.

wouldn't be worth doing that year again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 axel-offbeat

I don't think I could survive another year...but i think I might have failed maths so I dunno..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xox Sarah xox

ye same here, and the crap thing about your leaving is that youve to put it on your c.v when applying for a job, so your gonna be constantly judged by how well you did in your leaving!
    Its insane because really and truly the leaving cert doesnt always reflect how good a person is?
    But its good to atleast have it at the end of the day even if you do ****e in it..
    Im gonna be doing a plc so Im gonna use the FETAC thingy to get me into the college I want if I dont get the points I need.

Advertisement