Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you repeat the leaving?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

myth wrote: »
    no.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tomo84

Would you Repeat the Leaving

absssoluuutely not..(said like dr.cox from scrubs in an elongated kinda way)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

God no, but I know I'm safe points wise. If I REALLY wanted to do a specific course and didn't make the points I'd consider it, but there are back doors into everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Not.a.hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

No
    Yeah I probably will. I didn't really work this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

No
    Well, I just repeated Irish yesterday & today, 11 years after 1st sitting it.

Was stuck in a tiny classroom yesterday for the aural, squashed in like sardines along with all you regular guys!

I felt like such a dinosaur!

I would never have repeated the whole LC, as like returned the following year to sit it all over again.

& I never want to relive this experience either. Of all exams to be repeating!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I repeated this year. Was grand. It's only one year out of your life and if you really want something it won't hurt. Then again, I did way less work than I should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No
    I am repeating...I said last year I would NEVER repeat but didn't have much choice at the end of the day. I wouldn't do it again next year. God no. But if I was doing the LC for my first time again, I would say Yes. It has definitely been one of the best things I have had to do in my 18 and 11/12ths of my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ive covered myself with my CAO,
    Ill admit though If I didnt get any of my top 3 subjects id consider repeating, all the same I should deffo get at least one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 EmilioB

Speaking from experience i would recommend to anyone to repeat the leaving if they are not happy with their results. It's only a year, you could quite possibly waste a few years in college doing a course you didn't want to begin with, and the more points you have the more options you have. I didn't repeat it but if i had the chance again i would because i feel i could have done better. Also it's not as torturous second time round...i'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

No
    If you had of asked me on June 3rd it would have been a flat "yes if I had to" but now that I've done it, I'm not so sure. As same of the other posts said, its only one year out of your life do to what you want for the rest of your life so I probably would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

NEVER!! im not going through that hell again !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

I wouldn't mind, but I'd prefer not to. I'd be a bit old methinks, and I did TY so a change is probs a good idea at this stage ;) I don't think the LC's been all that bad, tbh, but it's a lot of stress to put yourself under again. If it's for something you really want, I don't see why you wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If i got less than 300 points...

Yes

If not, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

If i got less than 300 points...

Yes

If not, no.

and will you??:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

I got 550 point last year and I ended up repeating.
    Felt so old going back to 6th year :(
    It isn't as bad the second time round.
    Going for Med/Dentistry btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

No
    Im repeating it at the minute and its not actually that bad...I always said i wouldnt becuase ive already done TY so most my friends were a year ahead.But if you really want a course its worth repeating. The year flew by and i felt i was a lot more focused this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

No
    Drakmord wrote: »
    I got 550 point last year and I ended up repeating.
    Felt so old going back to 6th year :(
    It isn't as bad the second time round.
    Going for Med/Dentistry btw

Did u go back to your old school ???, and was it easier the second time :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

No
    I am currently repeating..

DON'T DO IT!

why ... what so wrong with repeating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 m-i-t-s-u-k-o

Hah my guidance councillor asked me the same.. Went sorta like this
    GC: So would you be prepared to repeat?
    Me: No
    GC: But just imagine you didn't get your points?
    Me: Didn't get 280 points?
    GC: Just imagine! Would you repeat?
    GC: Why?
    Me: Because there's no way I wouldn't get 280 points
    GC (getting annoyed): But what if you did?
    Me: But I won't.
    GC: But if you did!!!??
    Me: I still wouldn't. I'd kill my self from the pure mortifying shame of being one of the smartest people in the year and not scraping 280points.
    GC: (sighs)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

No
    Me: I still wouldn't. I'd kill my self from the pure mortifying shame of being one of the smartest people in the year and not scraping 280points.

That was me with my guidance teacher after 2 months sick goinginto mock and failin some of them.Like i knew the stuff but cmon.touuched a didnt panic and still havent .Oh What a sh*te year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

No

Eimear!!!! Hi!!! *waves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

I repeated this year...
    Advice : don't do it...

Well it does work... but sure was a pain in the h**e

No
    Jayeire wrote: »
    h**e
    Wow what word is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

No way!

IF I didn't get the C3 I need in maths I would take a year out / work and just do maths in my spare time / get some grinds etc and repeat maths the following year...

random chatbox, if you don't know what word "h**e" is .. maybe you should perhaps consider repeating? :D

No
    Jayeire wrote: »
    random chatbox, if you don't know what word "h**e" is .. maybe you should perhaps consider repeating? :D

lol just dunno why the stars are there , must be a magic word

Where thing go but never come out.

wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

If I got like the flesh eating virus and had to miss most of the exams I probably would, but I voted no on the premise that it's more likely that I'll just do bad, and if so I wouldn't mind doing something other than my chosen course, just wanna get out of school!!

Advertisement