Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home: any thoughts on the package?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

the package goes as follows
    for 49 euro/month
    ADSL: 2mb down/256k up 30gb dl limit
    for calls from LL
    subject to a 1hr limit before u redial:
    free local and nat calls
    free from LL to 3 specified vodafone mobiles

US/UK/Can: calls are 9c /min

Europe 35c/min

South Africa 79c/min

forgot to ask about min call charge and if pricing is per minute or per second

no connection fee

modem is 49 but ur current one should work

[ after 6 months free upgrade to 3mb
    59 euro/month will get u 3mb , with free upgrade to 7.5 after 6 months]
    Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I was looking at that this morning.

Call charges are higher than what I'm on with BT but VOIP would sort that - based on BTs 2mb broadband/line package you're paying Vodafone around 4 euro a month for free calls nationally and to 3 mobiles.

I didn't see anything about upgrading which at the current time is an important issues i.e. if you go for the 2mb is that upgraded automatically to 3 when the upgrades happen ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

parsi wrote: »
    I was looking at that this morning.

Call charges are higher than what I'm on with BT but VOIP would sort that - based on BTs 2mb broadband/line package you're paying Vodafone around 4 euro a month for free calls nationally and to 3 mobiles.

I didn't see anything about upgrading which at the current time is an important issues i.e. if you go for the 2mb is that upgraded automatically to 3 when the upgrades happen ...

The upgrade details were given to me over the fone when I called them as their website was down

It is 3 vodafone mobiles, not just any mobile
    So the BT package is 45 with cheaper call rates?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You are aware Vodafone are Perlico, they have been known to have misleading advertising, check this thread. Make sure you read the small print before agreeing to anything. Not supposed to have great customer support either.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You are aware Vodafone are Perlico, they have been known to have misleading advertising, check this thread. Make sure you read the small print before agreeing to anything. Not supposed to have great customer support either.

Thanks for heads-up : My read is that Perlico was taken over by Vodafone and because of that I wondered about the cannibalization issue implicit in their offer.

On the doggie advertising by perlico, I have filed a complaint with the ASAI re their current offering, as have above 160 others:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

PogMoThoin wrote: »

PogMoThoin every thread that has even something remotely to do with Perlico you seem to post links to threads giving out about them. What have Perlico done to you thats so bad? This might be more constructive than linking to threads. Or do you work for a competing ISP?

Is it definately Perlico that will be providing customer care? I would have thought Vodafone would do this themselves but I don't know.

By the way i've had Perlico before and found them okay and I think they can be okay for some people. Vodafone's offers here seem good especially on the 3mb package for €59. I'd probably wait for a few people to sign up with them first before i'd make the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It is Vodafone that are providing the customer care. It is Vodafone's network operations that will be providing support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

It is Vodafone that are providing the customer care. It is Vodafone's network operations that will be providing support.

If does look like a good deal so. Personally i would give i a few months before i would switch to them but their offers do seem very good. €59 for 3mb especially when compared to other resellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

admol wrote: »
    PogMoThoin every thread that has even something remotely to do with Perlico you seem to post links to threads giving out about them.

Nope, just to the one about false advertising cos I came across a few peeps (not on boards) who were considering the deal and hadn't read the small print. Just so happens that there are posts giving out about Perlico in that thread.

This actually looks like a good deal at first glance, but i'd scrutinise the smallprint first.

Anybody find the tariff sheet for Vodafone at Home on www.vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Nearly all packages that are derived from eirocm's bitstream product are going to be within 10% of each other, regardless of who is providing them - make a list of the top 10 providers and you will see.

It's down to clever marketing.

• Advertisement

See below
    the only item missing is whether the billing is per minute or per second.

I expect the full tariff sheet to be online by end of week.

Anytime
    Irish mobile 20.00

UK fixed lines 9.00
    USA & Canada fixed lines 9.00
    Europe fixed lines 35.00
    East Europe fixed lines 45.00
    Australia and NZ fixed lines 45.00
    Rest of the world fixed lines 79.00

UK Mobile 29.00
    USA & Canada Mobile 29.00
    Europe Mobile 75.00
    East Europe Mobile 85.00