Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M15 Upgrade questions

Options
  • 10-06-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Im looking for advise on upgrading my m15a4.
    Id like a quicker rate of fire and wondered what else could i do to make the gun better without going near 1 joule?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it a sportsline or a metal CA?

ROF can be upped using bearing bushes, re shimming the gears, using high speed gears, high speed motor, or installing a mosfet system.

Getting a higher voltage battery is the easiest way to up rof, but depending on if thats a sportsline or not, it may not be able to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

Shes metal CA Armalite deffo not sportsline,is a new gearset more realiable in the long run then just outting a stringer battery in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you could go ahead and stick a higher voltage battery in no problem, but with CA's reputation lately for stripping gears it's hard to say whether you'll be ok or not.

The high end CA's should handle a higher voltage no bother, 9.6 would be the next step up.

Id say the sportsline had to have cheaper materials to be able to compete with the clones, and cheap chinese material costs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Motosam wrote: »
    The high end CA's should handle a higher voltage no bother, 9.6 would be the next step up.

Id say the sportsline had to have cheaper materials to be able to compete with the clones, and cheap chinese material costs.

The high ends are just as unreliable as the sportlines actually.,
    I woundnt stick in a higher voltage battery without changing the gears and piston first, not sure what bushings are in them ones but they could do with changing too.,

• Advertisement

Well well, CA truly are done for then.

Even Cyma have good internals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

The CA yellow pistons are almost hilariously bad. They are literally made of cheese.

Still don't see why people buy CA's nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Beast ASI wrote: »
    The CA yellow pistons are almost hilariously bad. They are literally made of cheese.

:D:D

I like cheese but only in my sambo's, not in my aeg's:p

Sorry for OT but I'd be interested to know what AEG brands you would recommend Beast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Beast ASI wrote: »

Agreed, Also the blue pistons in the recent stuff, the one in my SL8 was almost flexible!.,:eek: had a nice alloy piston head though, which incidentally stripped the threads for the screw and fell off the piston, jamming the cylinder...

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

So do i go down the road of a new gearset and bushings and piston THEN Battery,would this be the safest and most reliable option?OR do i keep my money and buy a better AEG in the Future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

:D:D
    Sorry for OT but I'd be interested to know what AEG brands you would recommend Beast?

Literally anything apart from CA :p

High end wise - G&P, VFC, TM
    Chinese wise - Most of them tbh, A&K, DBOYS, JG, Galaxy...

Advertisement