Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 Astra Kangaroo Juice Syndrome (air mass meter?)

Options
  • 10-06-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

asthmatic accleleration been going on for over a month now and most searches point to the following:
    • Throttle body housing - cleaned, seems ok
    • EGR valve - cleaned, seems ok
    • Idle control valve - cleaned, but not sure if it should move 100% freely tho or be pretty rigid as it's fixed to a solenoid stepper motor so didn't want to "whack it with a hammer" to free it up. (idle is a little higher than normal but not way out of line)
    • Coil Pack - seems to be firing ok, but need to swap it with a mint one to be sure. (not sure if you can use a continuity test on your meter to check the pins to the top of the plug connector)
    • AMF - now this is the dumbass bit, I thought it was in the middle of the air intake after the filter box, but the sensor there I've seen marked as the Intake Air Temp sensor and I can't see any way of inserting the Mass flow part I've seen from dealers into this as the pipe seems to be a sealed assembly.
    So, if anyone can point me directly to the Mass Flow meter/sensor that would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darach

scrap that, turns out it was the coil pack...swapped it with one from a friend's astra and running like clockwork again...

Advertisement