Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floyd the Royd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Highlight the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Mags seems to have new dentures.

Heard an interview with the actress that plays Mags. She picked up a mystery virus that has attacked her ability to speak properly. Docs don't know what it is. Poor woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Putting the cat back into the bag, if there is a cat, I'll spoilerise my questions.
    What are the implications if Floyd does get Heather pregnant? Is there a high chance of something seriously wrong with the child? Is it even likely the pregnancy would go to term?

Last night was pretty good, I thought. Christy was very strong, and something is obviously happening with that chess story. Bela as good as promised the girl an Ipod touch if she wins the game. How is he going to swing that amount of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thanks Janey and 6th. Sorry, very new to this site and still finding my way around.:)

Hm, the chess story is intersting. I'd say Bela doesn't really believe that his daughter can defeat TJ in chess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oops, meant to ask how do you "do" spoilers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Floyd had a fit, shoved a couple of tablets in his mouth, and was fine before he swallowed them.

They must be magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

They could keep this incest theme going for years. How will Heather feel in a few years when Eleanor asks Benjamin to 'make luuuvvv to me'.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

larko wrote: »
    Heard an interview with the actress that plays Mags. She picked up a mystery virus that has attacked her ability to speak properly. Docs don't know what it is. Poor woman.

Something similar happened to Ronan Keating's singing.

The whole story with the new Floyd is unbelievable. I dont think Una Kavanagh is a very good actress, and having a bad actress play such a unbelievable turnaround in emotions (hating floyd, and then loving him after she finds out he's dying) makes for a very weak storyline.

The whole story with the new Floyd is unbelievable. I dont think Una Kavanagh is a very good actress, and having a bad actress play such a unbelievable turnaround in emotions (hating floyd, and then loving him after she finds out he's dying) makes for a very weak storyline.

I'm finding it hard to judge her performance. There are moments when she's dealing with Brendan when she looks seriously insane, and I wonder if this is the early stages of a mental illness story. Is it the character who is over the top or the actress? I haven't a clue, but the acharacter has done some pretty dodgy things.

If she is going mad, that in itself is pretty worrying. It was awful the last time Fair City did that, with Pearse, and I remember it being done badly in Eastenders too. I don't know why, but soaps just can't do mental illness.

The actress who is really coming out of this well, in my book, is Renee. She's getting more and more intense, without any hysterics or flailing about. I find myself just watching her a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monte Cristo

Can someone please tell me what the point of the whole storyline is? I mean Fair City has a dodgy reputation of recasting characters but that's usually because they want them in the show on a regular basis. Why recast a popular character like Floyd just to kill him off in what was, after all, just a few weeks worth of storyline?

I'm not knocking any of the actors involved but it seems kind of a strange decision. I'm just starting to get used to the idea of the new guy and he's dying on Sunday!

I agree with some of the other posts. It does seem very unbelievable and contrived.

• Advertisement

Can someone please tell me what the point of the whole storyline is? I mean Fair City has a dodgy reputation of recasting characters but that's usually because they want them in the show on a regular basis. Why recast a popular character like Floyd just to kill him off in what was, after all, just a few weeks worth of storyline?

JonathanAnon talked about it being such a huge turnaround for Heather to fall in love with Floyd again. If wonder if that's the reason. Maybe giving him a terminal illness was the only way they think of to get them together again.

I like the storyline, even if it is short, but I still think it is a pity they didn't use the original actor. The new guy is great, but they could have made him Bob's evil son or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monte Cristo

I agree with you gogglebok. The new guy is a very good actor and should've been given his own "Brand new" character. The character of Floyd was more than just the incest/Heather thing. I remember him as being quite a funny character who could do the comedic stories as well as the serious. They really wanna milk this brother/sister love affair thing for all it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

So Floyd popped his clogs tonight. What a lame ending to the story line. Almost laughable at times, totally unrealistic, very disappointing.

Agree completely. Brendan holding Floyd looked awkward and just ruined the whole thing for me. Brendan is pretty awkward anyway. Also, Christy was doing really well as the emotional dad until Floyd died. He didn't seem that sad when he did die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The whole thing or just the ending? Three people huddled over the corpse crying did look a bit awkward, I agree, but if you have a terminal illness storyline it pretty much has to end with someone dying. I would have liked to see more of the actor, but I'm relieved they didn't put the cancer into remission or give him more of those magic pills.

I hope we get some lighter stuff now.

I thought the story as a whole was done very well but the ending was stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

I heard that the (new) actor playing Floyd actually had terminal cancer but agreed to continue acting in the soap.

And he actually died in the filming of Sunday's scene. The producers decided to use the scene as it fitted the storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brigantia

ahh, but death is never the end in soap land. maybe this time next year the camera could glide slowly into the bathroom, heather pulls back the shower curtain and there is - Floyd.:eek:

nah, it'd never work...

Brigantia wrote: »
    ahh, but death is never the end in soap land. maybe this time next year the camera could glide slowly into the bathroom, heather pulls back the shower curtain and there is - Floyd.:eek:

It would be even better if Harry Molloy was in there with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP Floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

gogglebok wrote: »
    Harry Molloy was in there with him.

YA WAH?

He'd sort out the garage no bother, and by night run a vigilante group hunting down tornadoes and pushers who prey on 3 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Does Floyd have another sister Farrah (that he wasnt sleeping with)???????

Should she not have been there for the funeral. They could have recast the role.

Heather was OTT at the funeral, Barry is suspicious

OT: Does anyone else think Niamh will get with Carol's fella Rory and Orla with Una's fella Keith or are they putting Niamh back with Leo?????

JP Liz wrote: »
    Does Floyd have another sister Farrah (that he wasnt sleeping with)???????

Should she not have been there for the funeral. They could have recast the role.

No, because there is a rule that you can't recast a role more than 3 times. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Whatever happened to the fit one who's boyfriend got killed by 'Arry She was mint, She went on a drunken bebo rant last I heard? Didn't get the full story.

Advertisement