Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTW Trip Excluding Africa & Oz

• 10-06-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

Is it really a world trip? Joking just wondering on my trip if anyone had any ideas info etc or a better plan etc.
    here is the trip. me and girlfriend splitting everything

fly to bangkok
    3 weeks in thailand
    fly to bali
    make way by ferry etc to the thai islands
    back to bangkok
    up to laos
    back to thailand(changmai)
    cambodai
    vietnam making way to hanoi
    train to hong kong
    hong kong to chendu
    tibet
    beijing
    flight to LA
    3 Month roatrip accross the states
    fly from newark to chile
    argentina
    uruguay
    paraguay
    bolivia
    peru
    ecuador
    colombia
    venezuela
    fly to cuba
    fly home..

total trip 18 months
    €20,000 x 2

so what you think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Do you know where bali is?
    Its a good distance from thailand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Seems a bit all over the place to be honest. No need for all those trips in and out of Thailand! And you'll have a big headache with visas and flights.

I think the best thing to do is to sit down with an atlas and refine that list into one continuous route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

yea bali is quite a distance, but that is why the flight down from bangkok, making way back island hopping etc..., take in the thai beaches ets, have been looking at maps upon maps.... this is the best plan...we have worked out to the day each part of the trip etc

bangkok will be the base as is usual for a trip to south east asia

Fair enough if you have it organised as well as you say but the following seems ridiculous to me.

Thailand - Bali - Thailand - Laos - Thailand - Cambodia

Would you mind breaking down the budget per country? I'm trying to sort out a trip at the moment and wouldn't mind seeing how much some of those places are likely to cost.

• Advertisement

the thailand thing does look madness, but will be in diferent parts every time... north, islands etc, bangkok will be the only repeat..

maybe after thai island fly to saigon then by land back to bangkok,

maybe i should have been clear... i need to go to bangkok so many times as i am getting implants and need to return etc...

i am looking at €7000 per area, the camper rental in the US will be €4000 between us for 3 months, and internal flights are max €100 but as hostels rooms will be split etc should work out ok

ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

20,000 doesn't sound enough to me conisdering you're going through the US for 3 months. That's c.14,000 per year which if you're not working is tight considering there will be many things over the period of 18 months that you will be spending money on but won't have envisaged before setting off.

Also, what ferry are you gettin from Bali to Thai islands and which islands are they? Seems like a long boat ride to me.

train to singapore then ferry to indonesia, think it is 3 ferrys.. we will be going other way... trying to cut down on flights...

best link on how to get there

http://www.the-inncrowd.com/singtoindonesia.htm

we will have €40,000 between us... US will be the big drian, but we will have travel and accomadation coved with the camper, so can cook
    etc in that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

ro1798 wrote: »
    Is it really a world trip? Joking just wondering on my trip if anyone had any ideas info etc or a better plan etc.
    here is the trip. me and girlfriend splitting everything

fly to bangkok
    3 weeks in thailand
    fly to bali
    make way by ferry etc to the thai islands
    back to bangkok
    up to laos
    back to thailand(changmai)
    cambodai
    vietnam making way to hanoi
    train to hong kong
    hong kong to chendu
    tibet
    beijing
    flight to LA
    3 Month roatrip accross the states
    fly from newark to chile
    argentina
    uruguay
    paraguay
    bolivia
    peru
    ecuador
    colombia
    venezuela
    fly to cuba
    fly home..

total trip 18 months
    €20,000 x 2

so what you think?

I think I'm very jealous!!

thanks, alot of saving and planning, it is a hard decision to make.... despoit on a house or travel to places you always wanted... when i come back house prices will be at just where i want them, alot lower:D

is there anywhere i am missing and i should really go, in the areas i will be at... countries

Mongolia etc?

Oh and the implants above are Dentist

• Advertisement

ro1798 wrote: »
    Oh and the implants above are Dentist

Sure they are ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

We all believe you :D

Who are you planning to book these flights with as Trailfinders will start cutting out flights as even if you travel overland its included as a sector?

all independat flights. have the dublin bangkok booked €450, then the flight to bali is with air asia for €50 the flight to LA from beijing is with air canada for €550, the the newark to chile is with american airlines for €150 euro, have not thought about the home flight yet\!!!!!:D

Advertisement