Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris/Aygo/206?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all,

Wel I'm looking for a new car. I had a Fiat Punto before, and I swore I'd never buy anything Fiat again. It's come down to 3 cars that I really like and I'm trying to match up pros and cons of each car.

I love the reputation that the Yaris already has over here, but the Aygo is that bit cheaper and seems more ideal for me.

I also like the Puegeot 206, I haven't really done my homework on those yet... so I guess I'm just asking what peoples experiences are, of these 3 cars?

Thanks in advance ;);)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Stick with Toyota, have a Yaris myself with over 100k on it and it's never gave me a days trouble, plus there very good on petrol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

It's come down to 3 cars that I really like and I'm trying to match up pros and cons of each car.

I'm no help on the 3 cars in question, but be aware that the Peugeot 106 and Citroen C1 are the same car as the Aygo, exact same mechanicals made on the same factory line, so if you like the Aygo keep those models in mind. You may get a better deal, find a better dealer or just find one in a colour you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had a 206 for 2 years, and my wife currently has one for the last 18 months. She has had no problems with hers, and I had a (common) problem where the brake light stayed on, which was a quick fix. Both came with the 1.1 engine which is a little underpowered for motorway driving, but fine around town. They generally come quite well equipped, and the interior isn't as plastic as a lot of other cars in that class.

They are not completely converted from LHD - the centre console still points slightly towards the passenger, and the windscreen wipers go the "wrong" way. This never bothered either of us in the slightest, but the "all French cars are crap" crowd like to trot this out.

Personally I think nearly 10 years on they still look nice.

Advertisement