Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difficult to find laptop I want - advice appreciated

Options
  • 10-06-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Budget: €2000 - obviously I don't want to spend that much, but I'm prepared to go high for what I want.

Intended use: *everything* - games, graphics, illustration, development.

Mobility: Even 15.4" seems to big. Yes I want a desktop replacement, but due to my situation, it'll have to be portable. 15.4" is too clunky, so something around the size of the M1330. 13.3" to 14"

Warranty: Yes.

I'm aware that dell is about to release the 'studio' line - which may be more suited to my needs.

There seems to be a gap in the market (or i'm just not finding it) - for example, a Dell M1330 would be fine, i knock up the memory to 4gigs, beef up the processor etc. But the graphics card options are very limited and that's what I find frustrating.

If anyone has any non-dell recommendations for powerhouse-smallish laptops I'd love to hear of them. I've very little non-dell computer experience!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I haven't seen a laptop smaller than a 15" with a graphics card better than the 8400. If portability and gaming is what you are after, maybe you could get a laptop for around €1000 and a gaming pc for around €1000. Might be the best option.

Advertisement