Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Car Wash in Cork

Options
  • 10-06-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Any ideas - I'd prefer one of the hand wash ones, but doesn't seem to be many around & I dont really want to go for the whole valet thing such as Crystal Clean.............

I'm in Douglas area btw.

(Oh and before anyone gets wise...NO I will not do it myself lol)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The best is out in Bishopstown, across from Dunnes, but it's always incredibly busy.

My gf swears by the one in the Statoil on the Blackrock Road.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dahamsta wrote: »
    The best is out in Bishopstown, across from Dunnes, but it's always incredibly busy.

My gf swears by the one in the Statoil on the Blackrock Road.

adam

Is that the one at the junction of Church Road ? - if so, very close to me....

The old Esso on the Douglas road 'was' good & I see that the new brushless one at the Texaco on the Skehard Road has gone too......

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Andip wrote: »
    Texaco on the Skehard Road has gone too......

Gone?!?! that was makng a fortune. I only used it a few weeks ago, is there anything there now?!

Andip wrote: »
    Is that the one at the junction of Church Road ? - if so, very close to me....
    Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Statoil on the Straight Rd is pretty good and price ain't too bad either.

• Advertisement

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Gone?!?! that was makng a fortune. I only used it a few weeks ago, is there anything there now?!

Nope just a big empty space, metal barriers at either end and a crowd of people staring in going Oooooooh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kelly1979

dahamsta wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Tesco at market square Middleton have two guy's hand washing cars from trolleys,not sure about price,origonal poster mentsioned would prefer hand wash.

I've seen them. Are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭rob316

kelly1979 wrote: »
    +1

the only place I'd get my car washed! You've never seen your car cleaner. It's called O' Donoghues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I second the Statoil on the Blackrock Road. Quality Handwash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

O'Callaghans in Ballyvolane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Alan Smith wrote: »
    O'Callaghans in Ballyvolane

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lukomicho

1 year ago, i worked on carwash in Bishopstown (Paul O´Donoghue).
    I can´t understand, why the people returned on this carwash.
    Carwash in Bishopstown against Dunnes Store is very bad.
    I attend on the Topaz filling station on Victoria road about R&H Hall in Port.
    Regular cars cost 11 €, I give all the time tips 2 €, and I never again going to another carwash.This is the best carwash of cork, really.
    All the time isn´t very busy.
    Try it and never return on your old carwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Brianb8802

How much does the average handwash cost?

e.g. Topaz filling station on Victoria road cost 11€, O´Donoghue carwash on Bishopstown 12 € and Afromens wash in Horgan´s Quay for 10 €.I think that 11 € and big quality is really good.
    If you give any tips, absolutely you will content.
    If necessary try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

€5 at Holland in Little Island

5€ for handwash or machinewash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

lukomicho wrote: »
    5€ for handwash or machinewash?

Well a guy does it with sponge and spray machine.

€15 for basic valet and carwash also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ressurecting.... Any thoughts on this a year on?
    I want to find a really good, gentle car wash, so either handwash or touch-free jet.
    Are there any in the city?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 munkeyboy

I used the car wash in Tramore Road, Cork today. They have a jet wash for €1.00 for 2 mins with a platform for vans. I used the Touchfree wash though. It was half price for May so I got an alloy wheel clean, hand pre wash and was put through their touchfree car wash (no brushes). I can honestly say it was awesome and my car was unbeleivably gleaming. All for €4. I felt guilty for paying so little and actually gave a €5 tip. I am never going elsewhere again for a wash as no other wash I have used comes close. You should def give it a try.... Oh and they even have a dog wash going in :)

There is a good car wash across the road from the Ardmanning pub in The Lough / Togher, they handwash the car with microfibre towels and chamois dry it for €8, great job in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

how much are those lads in midleton outside the market green shopping centre?

anyone have any experience, price? how good a job they do? is it completely done by hand or do they use those damaging pressure washers and destroy the paintwork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Statoil on the Straight Rd is pretty good and price ain't too bad either.

I was in there this morning and it's being upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

440Hz wrote: »
    Ressurecting.... Any thoughts on this a year on?
    I want to find a really good, gentle car wash, so either handwash or touch-free jet.
    Are there any in the city?

Cheers

Brushless car was in Blarney ( just past the golf driving range) It's brushless but it's quite powerful at the same time, it would life any loose trim so watch out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 munkeyboy

rob316 wrote: »
    the only place I'd get my car washed! You've never seen your car cleaner. It's called O' Donoghues.
    I used to go there but to be honest they charge €12 without a wax and dry. I am just not paying that much. They also charge I think its €14 for a jeep or mpv which is only €8 in washworld on Tramore road, no comparison really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Seamus Reilly's Blackpool €9

but only €4.50 if you fill up with €30 of juice....takes some beating

bishopstown is good alright but €11 is a bit too much really imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I use the guys/grils across from Dinos in bishopstown. Comes out nice and clean but it does cost 12 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Barrytron

Friend of mine just started a new car wash in the Marina

http://www.carwashcork.com

• Advertisement

Zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement