Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there still demand for dog walkers/pet sitters?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'v just given up my job as a journalist, I just decided that what I really want is an uncomplicated life. I love animals, big and small, and this is just an initial thought but - I would absolutley love to earn even a small living as a dog walker and pet sitter. It actually makes me smile thinking about doing that for a living.

Do people think there is still a demand for this? Or will it become an unnecessary luxury now that the economy is in trouble? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I can’t offer much advice on this but it is something I always wanted to do in my spare time. I love animals especially dogs and I cant keep any of my own due to the fact that I am renting.

I say your best bet would be to see if there are any companies in your area that offer this service already, are there many and if there are there is more than likely a high demand for it or you should advertise your service in local shops and hand out flyers and see what the response is like. Its one way to get the ball rolling anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

I would say yes there is a demand but it depends on where you are based, there seems to be a lot in Dublin and surrounding areas at the moment. I have two CKCS and they are going to stay with a home-boarder while we go away. Basically they are going to stay in somebody elses house and will recieve one to one attention unlike kennels, the lady that is minding them is almost booked up for the summer.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Advertisement