Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does one study for French?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

So I'm guessing that some people DO actually do some work for French, what should I be studying for tomorrow? Bearing in mind that I'm tired and probably not going to do more than a couple of hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 born2run

je suis ag studying general phrases pour essays pour un exam amarach....

I'm gonna do SO well

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stressed!

i agree.....exhausted but hoping for a good mark!!
    Any tips....tips....tips??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 katiewobbles

I like to listen to french songs to get the irish out of my head. I'm studying nice/key phrases for the main topics that come up or stuff that can adapt and go with anything. My friend learns off chunks of essays but thats not my style.
    I also go over some of the more difficult grammer bits to just polish it off.(subj., plu'perf+passe cond.) I love french its a nice exam after irish paper 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blonde'n'brainy

anybody hav LINK Words eg mais, en revanch, cependant, etc:confused:???

Listen to 406!

• Advertisement

Listen to 406!

i am i missed wat she sed after dat!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

nothing if ya do pass like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Our teacher said to concentrate on topics such as politics, environment, importance of french language, young ppl nd eating habits, disadvantages of sport (le dopage en sport) nd some other stuf that i cant remember! Anywhoo, bonne chance demain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

I've had a revision book for french... I've had it all year... However, all I have used it for is for firing paper "missiles" with an elastic band. I called each of these missiles "le bombe", you know, to help me with my french... But unless french classroom warfare comes up (in english) I'm pretty screwed.

It's not my fault though, I've just never been taught it, the grade I get tomorrow will tarnish my otherwise brilliant leaving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

did anyone catch what was said about higher level french for the exam tomorrow on 406 on 2fm?
    cant believe i missed it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

x-katz-x wrote: »
    importance of french language

That's basically all I talked about in my oral :) I'd like a nice 90-marker on that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

would I be wasting my time going over the formal letter? It came up last year afaik.

there was sn e~mail onmy pre any chanc it will come up again?

there was sn e~mail onmy pre any chanc it will come up again?
    we never even did an e-mail!

Whats the format?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Im kind of lost too.. Doing HL but my teacher wasn't the best... Im just happy that those written exercices only count for 25%! The comprehensions are usually easy enough to spoof and same with the listening. Just maybe listen over a listening cd tonight to familiarise yourself with the accents and things. Also make sure you know your numbers, always comes up in the aural in some form.. Thankfully I probably don't need to count this subject :)

A(to) : Mme Murphy
    De(from): Mme O Shea
    Date: le 10 juin 2008
    Objet(subject): Voyage Scolaire

continue with the points, the question comes n the same format as a letter...i almost wrote a letter for the pre so be careful that u look at what your asked to do!!!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hmm, I haven't learned specific topics. I'm hoping on my vast vocabulary to take me through or something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 helpme!

anyone have any vocab or know a good website for stuff on the olympics???or should i just learn general phrases about sport?? havent been 2 a french class in over a month and apparently our mock was marked really easily if so thats my hoped for grade gone down the drain!:(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

en ce moment je suis ecoute la rap francais sur mon i-pod....i have always loved hip-hop and 2 years ago i began to listen to french rap...its great because theres not as much commerical pop rap like flo-rida or 50 cent its more about the tough life in the suburbs of paris and marseille "dans la rue", they also speak ALOT about the riots. malhereusement, i dont understand everything they say but it gets you in a french state of mind.......

does anyone else listen to french music (apart from daft punk)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Can the email be inform just with the correct layout??

What do they generally ask you to do in an email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

i-cheat wrote: »
    en ce moment je suis ecouter le rap francais sur mon i-pod....i have always loved hip-hop and 2 years ago i began to listen to french rap...its great because theres not as much commerical pop rap like flo-rida or 50 cent its more about the tough life in the suburbs of paris and marseille "dans la rue", they also speak ALOT about the riots. malhereusement, i dont understand everything they say but it gets you in a french state of mind.......

Who are these people??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

i-cheat wrote: »

Going to see Justice in July! Does Protoge-Moi by Placebo count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

I-AM , Saian Supa Crew par example

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

No ones said Gojira yet? I want a Gojira-Daft Punk mash up.

Also Piaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

KYO-Contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 grazielle

as far as cramming the night b4 goes i'd probably stick with recognising the tenses nd goin over a good few general phrases you can use for every essay.. the a mon avis, d'un part,d'autre part etc etc etc... then maybe look over notes you have on the topics in the OP... all you can do really!!

What are the best general phrases to know then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 grazielle

hmmm..
    in my opinion... a mon avis
    according to me.. apres moi
    on the one hand.. d'un part
    on the other hand.. d'autre part
    firstly... premierement
    i think that, ___ ought to ___ to solve the problem.. je pense que___ devrait ____ pour resoudre le probleme
    what can we do to solve the problem.. qu'est qu'on peut faire pour resoudre le probleme..

jst really stuff that you can use for any topic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

blue-army wrote: »
    What are the best general phrases to know then?

il y a du pour et du contre = there's for and against

il y a des avantages et des inconvenients = there are advantages and disadvantages

tout d'abord = first of all

pour commencer, il y a = to begin, there is

c'est bien connu que = it's well known that

il va sans dire que = it goes without saying that

il faut absolument que = it's absolutely necessary to

je me rends compte que = i realise that

c'est la mode de critiquer = it's fashionable to criticise

il y a ceux qui pense que = there are those that think that

et l'autres qui disent la contraire = and others that say the opposite

c'est une perte de temps = it's a waste of time

all pretty general/useful for essays and that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

anyone have any useful phrases on cultural diversity?

Advertisement