Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Also banned for simply saying <snip>

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Some joker also banned me for simply saying the Prince concert was cancelled. I can't understand getting banned for stating a FACT. So much for free speech in the music forum.:mad:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

See the sticky at the top of every forum. Discussion of that concert is banned because of the promoter who have initiated legal action against this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

dublinhead wrote: »
    Some joker also banned me for simply saying the Prince concert was cancelled. I can't understand getting banned for stating a FACT. So much for free speech in the music forum.:mad:

You're not an idiot, you just post idiotic things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

And theyre going to cry about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There's no free speech anywhere on boards.ie. It is a privately owned website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

1) You cannot talk about events hosted by this company. At all. At all at all. At all at all at all at all.
    2) There are plenty of warnings on all forums on boards, two in the Gigs forum.
    3) There is no free speech on a privately owned website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

There is no free speech on boards or any of the forums on it. This is a privately owned website, your access here is a privilage, not a right, and if you want to play here you gotta abide by the rules of the people who run the place.

Any mention of those promoters or any of their gigs/artists is banned due to legal stuff. There are stickies on every forum, you can't miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Why is it always people crying about their "free speech". Can't we get a more original argument to a banning now please, these are boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

normal_picard-no-facepalm.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is no free speech about certain events because when we DID have free speech about them we have been hauled up about it.
    So why should it only be information that assists them when it suits them.

I cant say more. I have a LOT more I would like to say.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP! Next thread I see someone who couldn't be arsed to read the rules, I'm sitebanning. Happening too often for my liking.

READ. THE. RULES

ed: didn't see DeV's reply, feel free to reopen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't see what's so hard to get about
    "In light of legal proceedings issued by MCD, we have been advised that there is to be no further discussion of MCD or events hosted by MCD".

A rational person would be inclined to think this would include discussing the cancellation of a gig ran by said company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement